Fasteners?

Best get studying the parts book & making a hopping list, don't know of a chassis swap kit of bolts/nuts.

Sounds like this is going to be a challenge. I've seen a kit on www.A2stainless.co.uk. Stainless is obviously a bit weaker but i'm considering it purely for the convenience. I'd probably try to replace any likely to be under high load with HT soon after for peace of mind. Just need to get the job done for the moment. Has anybody ever had any bad experiences with stainless fasteners?

Hi

Most of your replacements can come from screwfix, get M6 M8 M10 in various lengths from about 1" through to some about 4" (ones that go through chassis) that will do most of your requirements, get BZP not stainless as they cost an arm and a leg, for suspension bolts get the part numbers and go to your local fastener place and get them to match. Make sure everything you get is 8.8 or above, imperial nuts/bolts you can get from Namrick, beware ordering bolts from landy shops, I ordered some from paddocks for the radius arms etc and they were real homebase specials :o

Mike

Hi

Most of your replacements can come from screwfix, get M6 M8 M10 in various lengths from about 1" through to some about 4" (ones that go through chassis) that will do most of your requirements, get BZP not stainless as they cost an arm and a leg, for suspension bolts get the part numbers and go to your local fastener place and get them to match. Make sure everything you get is 8.8 or above, imperial nuts/bolts you can get from Namrick, beware ordering bolts from landy shops, I ordered some from paddocks for the radius arms etc and they were real homebase specials :o

Mike

I do agree on that mike4444244... I bought some bolts and nuts from a landy shop once and to my utter surprise they were "Genuine products" but how ungenuine they were.... I consulted a BOAT PARTS shop selling Stainless bolts and nuts... IT costs BOnes and flesh but a-man-gotta-do-what-a-man-gotta-do!! :huh: From 8mm +++ I am satisfied with it..

I'd avoid using stainless fastenings where they come into contact with aluminium.

:rolleyes: I am very much aware about the chemical reaction between ALuminium and Iron. Basically one of the first lessons at chemistry class during my A-level days.... The result of turning into powder.... Anyway thanks for reminding me :blink:

:rolleyes: I am very much aware about the chemical reaction between ALuminium and Iron. Basically one of the first lessons at chemistry class during my A-level days.... The result of turning into powder.... Anyway thanks for reminding me :blink:

You might be aware, some may not :rolleyes: