Rough Country Or Pro Comp?

You would definitely need the patience of a turtle and even more... I sent a mail in January this year to Llama. I am still waiting for a reply :blink:

I would suggest giving David a call as I have had nothing but excellent service from him when dealing with him on the phone.

Guest WALFY
I would suggest giving David a call as I have had nothing but excellent service from him when dealing with him on the phone.

WHY?

I have sent him an enquiry for some bits I require. If he doesn't reply all I've lost is 5mins sat at the PC. I'll go back to Bearmach where I got these from and reorder. I get a decent discount there and know the staff very well.

Well it looks like im going for Rough Country shocks then. the set up that im looking to get is Gwyn Lewis challenge front turrets, and rear shock mounts, as well as extended hoses from David at llama 4x4 and finally home made dislocation cones from ade (cheers mate).

Cheers for all your help

Tris

If you can save up another 100 pounds or so I'd go for the N73 OME shocks from Gwyn too with this set up rather than the pro comps etc.

Cheers

Steve

WHY?

I have sent him an enquiry for some bits I require. If he doesn't reply all I've lost is 5mins sat at the PC. I'll go back to Bearmach where I got these from and reorder. I get a decent discount there and know the staff very well.

Mostly because I have in built distrust of email as I have more than once had emails disappear into the ether never to be seen again, leading to mis-understandings and missed appointments, so for the sake of a couple of minutes I find a follow up call is no hard ship. Just my opinion that's all. :P

You would definitely need the patience of a turtle and even more... I sent a mail in January this year to Llama. I am still waiting for a reply :blink:

Why don't you guys pick up the phone - David is very helpful and ive never had a problem contacting him.

Guest WALFY
Mostly because I have in built distrust of email as I have more than once had emails disappear into the ether never to be seen again, leading to mis-understandings and missed appointments, so for the sake of a couple of minutes I find a follow up call is no hard ship. Just my opinion that's all. :P

No missunderstandings. I explained what I wanted. Gave a description of my veh. Then sent the PM but with a read reciept so I know he has read it.

Guest WALFY
Pick up the phone you idle creature, Walfy and stop whinging ;)

Mo :)

Mo it's not being lazy! And it's certainly not whinging. Just stating facts. And NO smily faces either

got rough country all round on my Doublecab, had one loose all its gas, and phoned Dave...After finding out that my lift set up was wrong, he replaced it anyway, F.O.C,..They are a soft ride, but on the rough rocky stuff, bang on...

post-5180-1213365540_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I have double procomp 2" lifts all roaund on the desert truck, am about to replace a couple that got pretty badly banged up in Morocco, cant aford to go to remotes but would welcome any suggestions from compers or others with 'high speed experience before I lay out some cash.

Would mixing them (ie of of each of two diferent types at each corner be effective or have any interesting effects as I don't fancy laying out for 8 new ones.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

But he supports a football team that play in Tesco carrier bags and are currently bottom :lol: , yes bottom :P of the premiership so I guess he is busy looking at the fixtures and working out if they will be relegated by Xmas.

Only joking if he reads this :ph34r: , nice chap really and I have some RC,s which seem to be doing ok. Just about to send him an e mail to order another set to replace my Maxtraction set up which have been on two years and are now a 'bit bouncy'.

I am amazed at all this bad Pro-comp feeling :blink: I always thought the had a cracking reputation.

Mine have been on for 2 years now and are still perfect, the 110 is used and abused everyday covering probably 20,000miles a year at the moment and there aren't many days its not had mud in its tyres.

Will :)