Q plate question

Tonk

i've been told that if a vehicle is a Q plate then when it goes for an mot it doesn't have an emission test, anyone verify that for me?

cheers,

Mark.

The emmisions on my SVA cert as well as the V5 are documented as N/A :D

Had to prove the year of maunfacture when it Was SVA'd and the emmisions are tested to the standards of that year etc

mine was an early 200 Tdi and thats what they put down when it passed

HTH

SVAscrubbed-1.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

My 90 was Q plate, built by me and forst registered in 2000, it needed 2000's emmision tests,hazards etc,

in all, it was the same as a normal 2000 registered car.

Testers handbook says something like "Vehicles having a Q plate registration when presented for MOT are to be treated as being first used on 1 January 1971". So the emissions test is visible smoke only.

Never had a test on the hybrid, or the Ibex, though have had to 'prompt' the tester once or twice. With the hybrid I often let them do the test anyway, just to see what the emissions were.

Dave

Edit: another site quotes the wording as follows :-

Vehicle 'first used' dates - application of test criteria

2. Vehicles having a Q plate registration when presented for MOT are to be treated as follows: For emission purposes only, all these types are to be considered as vehicles first used before 1st August 1975. For all other testing purposes they are to be considered as being first used on 1 st January 1971,or

On Topic but slight move?

When SVA'd with a 1980 V8 fitted, what Tax group based on emmissions?

I am assuming Commercial SVA as this seems the only one it might pass so is it applicable?

looking at the first answer above, does the MOT look at the age of the engine fitted or the date of SVA

Basically I ams concerned that if I rebuild my Hybred into a new chassis and susspension etc and SVA it I will end up in a expensive Tax class due to the engine.

Second dumb question.

Why doesn't Les's Axle 1 weight plus Axle 2 weight equal the Gross Weight?

Cheers if someone knows the answer.

Marc