Daily Driver Challenge Sat 4 Oct

JST

Mike Tucker and Martin Gilpin added to the list.

Was just talking about you at work today Mark after some of your comments on the course last week.......... something about you were saying both lockers in and nail it in your 90 on one of the LR2 routes.............

Don't take me out of context!!!! A failed hill climb because Tim overheated the transmission. After 2 failed attempts that would be my solution. Works for me ;)

If the LR2 has the same wading depth as a Def why won't you drive through the small puddle you have at work??

err a little touchy are we, i wasn't referring at all to the failed climb i didn't think you wanted that to keep coming up (but now you mention it.......) i was meaning one of the other hills on the site.

small puddle is about 700mm deep and neither Def or LR2 do it, big puddle (ie longer but shallower) is 500mm and LR2 does do it on trg courses.

Excellent day out, thanks James, my co-driver who came down from Derby thought it was worth the trip.

Got lots of photos and video of various parts of the day.

Once again thanks to all those who pulled me out of the mud, I should get a winch....or learn how to drive.

Glad you all enjoyed the event.

This event was aimed at people who wanted a little more than a play day but without the full on pressure of a competition and the punches were set to reflect this. Most people had a minimum of 20 punches with some up around 35-38 of the maximum 40 available. Above all the spirit of the competitors and the way the event ran with people all helping each other out was superb. Not to mention the efforts some people went to with a standard vehicle to get it around the course.

Spirit of the event award went to Jeroen Van De Hooft and Darren for their excellent work getting Jeroens vehicle with no modifications less 265/75 MT and a front and rear bash plate, around the course.

SS1 (a reverse blindfold drive over some logs around a predetermined course) provided alot of amusement and fun for marshalls and competitors alike. Thank you Kevin for running the Stage and congratulations to Ian Hawes and Frank for their superb effort clearing the SS in a record 4min 5s.

In due course there will be an event report and some pictures up on my site.

James

No drop outs early on then??? ;);) .

I had a phonecall to explain and he finished it with "I had to call you before Trembath does!!"

Wish I was there

Guest weeble
0915hrs

Was your clock slow?.

It was at least 0916!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::(:(:(:(

It seems the pick up in the distributor packed up in possably the worst place it could have down in the quarry.

A big thanks to Si who recovered me and in doing so broke his winch rope!! Sorry :(:( .

And in fairness, we did last a bit longer than that!!. It was on the trailer at 10.30 but we did get 7 punches!!

Thanks all for organising the day and thanks to Martin who had a great day running around in the woods as my bitch, hes not used to seeing a whole day of a challenge event now he's using a land rover product for these easy days out in the woods! he'll be back to a Suzuki again given a few years... like me!

it was a cracking day with lots of good punches we got 38 of the 40, one we skipped as we didn't have 44" boggers front and rear winches and lockers. the other we missed was due to another competitor being in progress of getting it and it was time to and have a bash at the special stage.

It must have been a eye opener for challenge virgins but we loved it.

Cracking day James once again, thanks to Frank my passenger, rather than B**ch, he did seem reluctant to get out of the vehicle, but the quarry put pay to that and we managed to get him muddy in the end!!!!!! Just off to buy the replacement stop / tail light which seems to be an obligatory replacement after everytime I take the truck out, bloody trees keep jumping out at me!!!!

Please can we still have days like this next year!!!! The format is great and the learning curve for someone such as me is spot on.

If anyone out there wants to learn what they, their truck and their B**ch can do, in anything from a factory standard vehicle this is the day out for you!!!!!!

All the best

Ian

A big thanks to Si who recovered me and in doing so broke his winch rope!! Sorry :(:( .

No worries Weeble- any time mate. Don't panic about the winch rope- must have been damaged as I wasn't pulling all that hard- to be fair I prefer it to go bang at a time like that rather than when I am hanging off the end of it!!! Hope you get the truck sorted soon- and sorry for the diff case remodelling... pesky treestumps...

Another top event James- looks like it was pitched at the prefect level with no one completing all the punches (although 2 teams coming very close) and no one finding that they had run out of punches that they could attempt by the end of the day. Some very good driving on display- especially by the guys in the pretty much factory standard vehicles- although everyone seemed to be having a damn good go at most things! It was a very enjoyable day out- and I was only marshalling!!!

As has been said it would be a great shame for introductory events like this to dissappear- however without support from people prepared to enter they are bound to go...