Any one else make some thing like this

lrfarmer

i was thinking of making one for mine but wasn't shore how i'd stand with the towing laws

i tow cattle to market and 3 1/2 ton and don't want to have a problem with the law if i had a crash when towing

i have been stopped because of my tow bar when off roading that one of these would be so much better

Milemarker Type S have you got any photos

Wonder if they do one for Freelander :unsure:

Yeah they do two for the freelander

Product No. +R1637

Product Category TOWBARS & HITCH RECEIVERS

Product Sub Category ROVER

Model Freelander 4WD Does Not Fit V6 Model (E)

Product No +R1637

Year 1998-02/2004

Description Freelander 4WD Does Not Fit V6 Model (E)

Rating / Ball Weight (kgs) 2000/200

Fitting Difficulty / Reference Number c

Shipping Weight 23

RRP $513.00

and

Product No. R1829

Product Category TOWBARS & HITCH RECEIVERS

Product Sub Category ROVER

Model Freelander 4WD All Models (E)

Product No R1829

Year 1998-02/2004

Description Freelander 4WD All Models (E)

Rating / Ball Weight (kgs) 2000/140

Fitting Difficulty / Reference Number c

Shipping Weight 23

RRP $508.00

I have one on the back of the RRC, bought from a guy near to Exeter.

NATO hitch on one bracket, and an adjustable height ball hitch on the other for towing.

Pictures here Rear Protection system

4x4 accessory store is the name of the place.

Not sure if THIS is the same place, as he didn't have a web site when I bought the gear from him

The only down side I have had is that there is movement on the drop hitch when towing, which causes an uncomfortable ride due to ( I think) the trailer brakes coming on and off over bumps. Same trailer is fine behind the Disco.

Milemarker Type S have you got any photos

This one shows the socket on the rear cross member- all made out of 2"x2" angle, 2"x2" box and a towbar unit from a Vauxhall Cavailer that I cut up for the steel! I have a dixon bate drop plate that is bolted to a 'peg' that slides into the square hole and is secured with a large pin. The lower two diagonal arms from the drop plate are secured with two M10 bolts to the chassis- takes under a minute to take on/off and is very secure- there is far more steel in under than can be seen in the photo... it is a little 'overengineered' in places!

vehicle003_image004_big.jpg

I also have a second 'peg' with a lifting eye in the end for using a towing pole etc.

This one shows the socket on the rear cross member- all made out of 2"x2" angle, 2"x2" box and a towbar unit from a Vauxhall Cavailer that I cut up for the steel! I have a dixon bate drop plate that is bolted to a 'peg' that slides into the square hole and is secured with a large pin. The lower two diagonal arms from the drop plate are secured with two M10 bolts to the chassis- takes under a minute to take on/off and is very secure- there is far more steel in under than can be seen in the photo... it is a little 'overengineered' in places!

vehicle003_image004_big.jpg

I also have a second 'peg' with a lifting eye in the end for using a towing pole etc.

I like overengineering makes things last longer