what grease for me nuts?

Although I have owned my defender for less than 12 months, I am getting a real feel for rusted nuts and bolts.

After I have drilled out, ground out, hack-sawed out, chiselled out or just shouted out all the rusted nuts and bolts that I have had to remove, I was thinking what should I smother them with to prevent the same problem 10, 12, or 15 years down the line.

some say copper grease but is a high melting point grease needed just to prevent corrosion? would a normal lithium grease do just as well?

Although I have owned my defender for less than 12 months, I am getting a real feel for rusted nuts and bolts.

After I have drilled out, ground out, hack-sawed out, chiselled out or just shouted out all the rusted nuts and bolts that I have had to remove, I was thinking what should I smother them with to prevent the same problem 10, 12, or 15 years down the line.

some say copper grease but is a high melting point grease needed just to prevent corrosion? would a normal lithium grease do just as well?

There is a view that if you need it to come apart use copperslip, if not use the right Loctite for the application

What do you use for undoing rusted bolts?

Aerosol rust dissolver works in most cases.

Only nuts on the axles and the like that are constantly sprayed in salty water during winter have a right to be removed using saws, drills, heat and the like ;-)