Canvas seat covers??

SteveG

Any fabric has got to be better than vinyl or leather.

The best seat covers are those made from sheep wool. They have good ariation properties and because sheep wool fibres are hollow they don't radiate heat as much. Sheep wool seat covers are the most popular amoungst the Arabs over here...they know a thing or two about keeping cool.

The minus side is that they look like something from Pimp My Ride.

Another very effective method of keeping cool in the seat is those rather cheesy looking mats that are made with wooden balls on a string...can't remember the name now. They keep a layer of air between your fat sweaty back and the seat...hence your body breathes better and the sweating is reduced.

S.

Dear Sweaty back,

we had some canvas seat covers (with little pockets on them) in the 110 we had in Namibia and whilst not perfect it was certainly less sweaty than if it hadn't of had them fitted.

What about that Exmoor trim stuff?

Thanks for the replies, I'l let my friend know ;)

I've got an old tent here, any good Steve ? ;)

Mo

Not unless you are good at sewing too Mo :P

James - I suspect the ones you had on the 110 in Namibia are the ones Exmoor are selling, as they are SA made and have pockets on side and rear of seat. Expensive, but cheaper than a new pair of seats :rolleyes: Looks like I'll buy a set at Billing. Shame they don't do single covers as I couldn't care about the passenger seat ;)

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

Have you had a look at coverking? (site under bit of construction @ minute)

I also have a friend that suffers from the said sweaty back and He tells me that these are a lot better than having no cover at all,

Loads of colours and machine washable, I got He got them from eastnor last year and has been impressed with them

Good fit

water proof (tried and tested)

and no fading yet either

They are @ billing stall MA, MB

And will probs do you al ittle deal there too ;)

Dougie