My first time off road today!

Well, after getting a taste of off-roading when Pete and I went on the Lakes trip last November, I finally got a chance to get behind the wheel and have a go myself.

We took a trip down to Bala 4x4 today for a Pay and Play session and after Pete did a once round all the tracks to get a feel for the lay of the land, I asked to have a go! The course was not very big really and there wasn't quite enough shallow water/mud for my liking but it was great fun! I successfully went up and down slopes and through a couple of fairly shallow bits of water. I know, I know, all sounds a bit tame but for only my third time of being in a car off road I think I did pretty well!

Here are a few piccies to prove it too!

Can't wait for the trip to the Peak District this November now!

Jin

Picture039.jpg

Picture022.jpg

Picture028A.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Indeed, I think some one enjoyed herself today.

After a nervous start (had to convince herself that it wasn't going to run away down hill if she didn't brake) She did brilliantly and quickly got the hang of driving it off road.

If I've done this right there should be a video clip :-

th_20080706095850.jpg

If I'm not careful I am going to end up in the passenger seat to often, :lol::P:unsure:

Thanks Western - I've definately been biten by the bug!

Noggy - be good to see you in November if you can make it. We're not too far from the Peaks so it would be good to make some "local" friends to then perhaps do more regular day trips out laning!

Jin

Pete will be in the passenger seat more often, Good video to!! I wish my mrs was as enthusiastic as that, She wont go up a kerb in the defender let alone the peaks :lol: Tris

Thanks Tris - I decided I'd better have a go as you don't whether you like something until you try it! Plus at least I feel I'm getting some benefit from Pete spending so much time tinkering with the Discovery!

Look forward to meeting you in the Peaks if not sooner at Mike's!

Jin

B) Excellent... :)

I started at a playday in a Disco... then started doing more playdays ... then some fun competitions... then an expedition in our Camel 110... now I'm building my own Series IIA... hope you're ready for this ;):lol:

B) Excellent... :)

I started at a playday in a Disco... then started doing more playdays ... then some fun competitions... then an expedition in our Camel 110... now I'm building my own Series IIA... hope you're ready for this ;):lol:

Cheers Jen,

Well, who knows! Pete caught me reading his GLASS mag the other day and I've started paying more attention when he's talking about the mods he wants to do to the Discovery. I have been known to do the occasional oil change in my time so maybe I need to get out and give him a hand with some of the jobs instead of just pringing regular tea and sarnies!! :lol:

Jin

Bravo Jin ! :D So when are you getting your own Disco ? :)

Mo

Cheers Mo,

Pete's been going on about wanting a Defender so maybe I can be persuaded now if I get to keep the Dicsovery?!! ;) All we'd need to do is find somewhere to park it as the drive is already full!

Jin

Hey Jin.. Good to see you on here again....

And even better now Pete has sorted the truck so you can drive it too.... Get a sun visor made up with his name on the passenger side and it's all sorted...

All going well, we'll see you at the wheel in November...

Neil