Puma Radio CD players

just looked it up:

The high spec ICE unit will playback MP3 discs. It also features an auxiliary

input jack to allow additional audio sources to be played back through the ICE

unit's amplifier and speakers.

so this implies that only the high spec head unit will play them which is the one with the AUX socket which is std on XS.

Not sure if the poverty spec ones come with a 'high spec' head unit or not.

Guest WALFY
just looked it up:

The high spec ICE unit will playback MP3 discs. It also features an auxiliary

input jack to allow additional audio sources to be played back through the ICE

unit's amplifier and speakers.

so this implies that only the high spec head unit will play them which is the one with the AUX socket which is std on XS.

Not sure if the poverty spec ones come with a 'high spec' head unit or not.

:o:o:o:o Can you say that Master Trembath

Steve - std spec in an XS as in as it comes is the highline i think. Does yours have the front aux socket?

Mark- yes i read it on here first on someone elses post, couldn't say who that wouldnt be fair and the FI isint that far away. So yes i reckon you can.

Hmmm, not really any wiser. Does anyone have one without the aux input that can answer. I get the impression from the owners handbook that the lower spec cd player doesn't play mp3s but it doesn't say for certain.

Mo

Guest WALFY
That's doing a job then, Walfers and I don't do jobs ;)

Fools and horses mate, as you'll soon find out :)

Mo

Not so quick grasshopper. I have a plan in motion. May not find out that quick ;););)

Yes the XS Puma has an AUX input -- theres a catch.Plug anything into it and you have a really bad noise interference . ZZZZZ- wiZZZZZZ etc when you accelerate.

If you want more interference then Plug your Ipod to the 12 V power socket.

How could one correct this? <_<

What do your dealers say about that, bosbeer ? Sounds like some form of supression is missing !

As bosbeer has brought us back on topic , any one out there with a non-aux input 07 radio cd player know if it plays mp3s ?

Mo

What do your dealers say about that, bosbeer ? Sounds like some form of supression is missing !

As bosbeer has brought us back on topic , any one out there with a non-aux input 07 radio cd player know if it plays mp3s ?

Mo

After having an 'high spec' XS stereo was not really that impressed, it did play MP3 CD's though.

Decide to change it anyhow because the dealer did not supply the correct code to un-lock it, so it then got locked out which meant I had to go to the dealer to get it un-locked, it was easier to change the stereo to another with an AUX input in the back and front so you can wire in a I-pod cradle permanently.