Under the Bonnet

Long story short I have a ex-military 110. 2.5L N/A Diesel. I didn't do much of the work that has brought it to where it is today, rather, numerous anonymous contributers, both talented and inept. It's my first Land Rover and first Diesel. I'm trying to get everything back in tip top shape and so far it's been a lot of fun, dirty, greasy, smelly fun. Anyhow, I'd like to see some photos of 2.5 N/A's (under the bonnet) to compare placement of all the bits and pieces. You see, I don't know where anything is "suppose" to be; and this once RHD is now LHD, so that adds a little ambiguity. The more detailed the better. I apologize for my noobishness and thanks in advance.

Long story short I have a ex-military 110. 2.5L N/A Diesel. I didn't do much of the work that has brought it to where it is today, rather, numerous anonymous contributers, both talented and inept. It's my first Land Rover and first Diesel. I'm trying to get everything back in tip top shape and so far it's been a lot of fun, dirty, greasy, smelly fun. Anyhow, I'd like to see some photos of 2.5 N/A's (under the bonnet) to compare placement of all the bits and pieces. You see, I don't know where anything is "suppose" to be; and this once RHD is now LHD, so that adds a little ambiguity. The more detailed the better. I apologize for my noobishness and thanks in advance.

Hi 110 USA,

When the rain stops I'll nip out and take some pics of mine. My 90 used to be a petrol but had a professionally installed 2.5n/a with power steering added on too. As far as I know its all in the right place with all the right bits in the right places. I fully trust the professional who put it in (Mark Peacock Landrovers) which he did before I owned it :P

Next conversion will be to a 200 or 300 tdi .. one day ;)

I look forward to the photos phoenix.

I'll take a gander through the tech archive, might post a few of mine for a review, sometimes it's easer to see what is wrong than what is right.

I'd like to get the bits back together so more of the proper parts will fit and everything will make more sense in relation to the manuals, not so much for the "historical" aspect, although it could be interesting going that rout.

Thanks for the responses.

not so much for the "historical" aspect, although it could be interesting going that rout.

Unless your vehicle is absolutely mint, that's the path to madness - like spending £100 on a special authentic bit when a £1 item works for everyone else in the world. It's a Land Rover, no two are ever the same.

I certainly wouldn't go "historical" in that sense. For a couple reasons, but the most important is it's way beyond my budget. In the US it's kind of funny, I guess most people with Series Rovers and Defenders here have a lot to spend. Simple non genuine parts are comparable to genuine bits in the UK. I'll never forget the $250 door cards (each), $750 bonnet, or $80 fan belt on a domestic suppliers website, I had to hold back the laughter.

I look forward to the photos phoenix.

I'll take a gander through the tech archive, might post a few of mine for a review, sometimes it's easer to see what is wrong than what is right.

I'd like to get the bits back together so more of the proper parts will fit and everything will make more sense in relation to the manuals, not so much for the "historical" aspect, although it could be interesting going that rout.

Thanks for the responses.

Apologies for the wait,... its still blooody raining! .. so much for living on the suffolk sunshine coast! pfft!