Which water temp sender should i use ???

mudmuncher

Hi all

I need a bit of advise here please.

I have a series 3 with the orignal series 3 temp guage in the dash, i have fitted a 200tdi engine and have a 200 tdi temp sender in the head this is not reading correct with the series guage as the engine seams to get very hot very quick !!!

I know the senders have different threads i can get over this problem but my question is what sender should i use in the engine to match to the series temp guage ??

2.5 N/A / 2.5TD ????

Many thanks chris

Hi mudmuncher

i am doing the same conversion on a s2a swb and i am going to use the sender unit and adapter from the series engine

so it is compatable with the temp guage

cheers graham.

1962 s11a swb.

was a 2. 1/4 petrol

now its a 200 tdi

The sender has to match the guage, so series sender and a series guage.

Les.

Does the 2.5naturally asthmatic and turdo diesel run at 82 degrees like a 2.25 pet?

if so will the gauge not always run high up the scale, as the tdi runs at slightly higher 88 degrees?

I suppose you correct this with a different voltage regulator

Hi All

I am new to this forum so please be gentle.

I used the series sender and an adapter from a 2.5 petrol.I find the gauge reads correct, but as stated above the TDI runs a little warmer.Just have to get used to the needle sitting at three quarters.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Hi All

I am new to this forum so please be gentle.

I used the series sender and an adapter from a 2.5 petrol.I find the gauge reads correct, but as stated above the TDI runs a little warmer.Just have to get used to the needle sitting at three quarters.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Exactly what I use, however I replaced the naff votlage regulator thingy with a 9v voltage regulator to drop the reading on the gauge slightly. Mine now sits nicely in the middle at normal running temp.

Jon