Wolf / Army doors

Peter

Probably, best place to ask this question:

Got a pair of Wolf doors.

Need to know what shut latch I need for them on a civilian 90.

Does anyone know if these are the same as those found on regular Series 2 / 3 ones ?

hello,

what exactly is your defination of " wolf doors " ?

i bought new series 3 door bottoms,and fitted the early 90/110/military ally door tops. i then fitted the normal lift up handle lock, and slam striker, some people prefer the anti burst locks and striker. i chose the series type slam striker simply because i was always hooking myself on the normal defender striker, which sticks out.

cheers...

hello,

what exactly is your defination of " wolf doors " ?

i bought new series 3 door bottoms,and fitted the early 90/110/military ally door tops. i then fitted the normal lift up handle lock, and slam striker, some people prefer the anti burst locks and striker. i chose the series type slam striker simply because i was always hooking myself on the normal defender striker, which sticks out.

cheers...

Thanks,

I think they are the same as standard Series 3 stock, simply as they are cheap, work and easy to fix.

Got fed up with the standard defender doors not being strong enough, might miss the winding window though.

Cheers

Peter

Guest diesel_jim

Yup, they're same as S3 anti bust type locks, and NAS type doors too.

Think it'll be "Striker-door lock, MUC2959" and you can have "Shroud, central door lock, LH & RH MUC4203 & MUC4202" to stop you catching your jeans on them when you get in and out!

Think it'll be "Striker-door lock, MUC2959" and you can have "Shroud, central door lock, LH & RH MUC4203 & MUC4202" to stop you catching your jeans on them when you get in and out!

Brilliant, thanks Jim.

Peter.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In reply to

Got fed up with the standard defender doors not being strong enough, might miss the winding window though.

The push button doors are MUCH stronger than anything that preceded them. The 2 piece doors on my aged oneten flex quite noticably when doing about 70 mph, a problem I never had with pushbutton doors. The two piece doors also let a lot more draughts wind noise and general road noise into the driving compartment. Err all of that said, I still prefer the sliding windows.

• 3 months later...

It's just to let you fully enjoy the natural environment.

It's a bonus!

:D

The two piece doors also let a lot more draughts wind noise and general road noise into the driving compartment.

and the main problem with the push button handles they seem to latch on to tree's much easier :blink:

In reply to

The push button doors are MUCH stronger than anything that preceded them. The 2 piece doors on my aged oneten flex quite noticably when doing about 70 mph, a problem I never had with pushbutton doors. The two piece doors also let a lot more draughts wind noise and general road noise into the driving compartment. Err all of that said, I still prefer the sliding windows.

• 3 years later...

bringing this up again - anyone knows the number for the anti burst door locks?

cheers

spec