Which seats in a Defender/110

apart from LR seats that is.....

I'm sure many have tried, but are there known combinations of seats which will fit a defender with the rear bulkhead still in place?

e.g discovery seats, RRC or rover parts bin, or ideas on other manufacturers.

I searched exmoor and ebay and was surprised at the cost of basic foam/vinyl seats available.

Ideally something black in leather with plenty of manual adjustment (not electric).

I've done a search on ere with not much in the way of results. Has anyone else any tips or pics they can post? :huh:

Other option I was considering is a retrim of a tatty set of 90/110 seats with the headrests and sliders. If anyone has any going begging.

Pete

apart from LR seats that is.....

I'm sure many have tried, but are there known combinations of seats which will fit a defender with the rear bulkhead still in place?

e.g discovery seats, RRC or rover parts bin, or ideas on other manufacturers.

I searched exmoor and ebay and was surprised at the cost of basic foam/vinyl seats available.

Ideally something black in leather with plenty of manual adjustment (not electric).

I've done a search on ere with not much in the way of results. Has anyone else any tips or pics they can post? :huh:

Other option I was considering is a retrim of a tatty set of 90/110 seats with the headrests and sliders. If anyone has any going begging.

Pete

I am fitting a Saab 900o seat into my truck cab passnger side - a friend is welding plates to use old captive bolt holes etc - but too high and big in drivers seat - I would imagine they would fit in front of 110 - or 2nd row - but ask on - cost = ebay £50 a set of saab leather 9000 seats front and rear - rear could make a workshop sofa but not in a 110

chrisp

i'm eyeing up a set of fiat punto seats at the moment on ebay,

if they go cheap enough i'll get em and see how they fit.

the seat squabs are thin and the backs have good lumbar support. Casting my mind back to when i owned a punto, they were very confy seats too. Also the seat runners look surprisingly like LR runners, but i expect it would be too much to hope they are the same width....

I picked up a pair from Sodbury a few years ago, out of a Rover 200 turbo I believe. Some or other Rover turbo anyway. Half leather, very supportive, miles more comfy than the originals. Pretty much a straight swap as I recall.

JP

Thanks for replies so far,

I remember the rover 200 series seats well as I owned a 216 but could not remember if the runners ended up flat at both ends. :o will have a look at fiat and saab.

A lot of newer cars now have airbags and strange runner fixings. The dischargers for the airbags are fitted underneath the seats so I didn't want to go down that route.

Has anyone used discovery seats? freelander?

Pete

Hi Guys,

I have some Toyota car seats fitted to my 110. Only because that was what was available at the time.

I have some XR3i seats fitted to my Lightweight!

Unfortunately i have all sorts of problems trying to access my battery or storage boxes underneath. Do you encounter any of these problems? Wots your solution?

This is the only reason i would ever refit the old LR items! I also agree they are over priced for what they are.

Cheers.

Hi Guys,

I have some Toyota car seats fitted to my 110. Only because that was what was available at the time.

I have some XR3i seats fitted to my Lightweight!

Unfortunately i have all sorts of problems trying to access my battery or storage boxes underneath. Do you encounter any of these problems? Wots your solution?

This is the only reason i would ever refit the old LR items! I also agree they are over priced for what they are.

Cheers.

For RTVs and stuff they need access to the battery box for scrutineering and if you roll over etc - so somehow the passenger seat needs to be able to slide or tilt forwards to allow access to the battery. Could mean a bit of creative fabbing required.

Or depending how much you love your co-driver / passenger - you could leave the standard LR seat for them and fit a nice seat for yourself only. and just buy a quality fitting nice seat cover the same colour as the new drivers seat.

Ive seats from a celica in my truck cab.. good side support, low base, they fold forward and great comfort. Id to weld newtabs to the front runners and add support plates under the seat box for mounting. Getting to the battery will be over come by using an X-Jump.