Removing cement from paintwork

BogMonster

Somebody I know here has just had cement all up the side of a nearly new vehicle and unfortunately didn't notice it (it looks much like clay...) until they tried to wash it off by which time it had set solid :(

Searching around t'web I see that white vinegar is suggested as one way of taking cement off paintwork - has anybody got any first hand experience of this? Does it work? WD40 is suggested as another way but gets mixed reviews. The vinegar idea seems to have a basis in chemistry (acid product onto an alkaline product dissolving it) but I wonder about any effect on the paintwork seeing as it is a nearly brand new vehicle.

Ta :)

got any pictures?

is it actually like a thick layer of cement?

Putting salt on concrete/cement makes it crumble and breaks up, and modern paintwork is salt resistant due to salting the roads, so i would wack on some salt and leave it for a night and see what the results are. its a fairly cheap idea aswell if it doesnt work.

looking like clay is this a mortar/lime mix i think the lime will eat/corrode the layer of laquer as most paints on vehicles are water based and the paint on cement lorries is normally a 2 pack epoxy and isnt harmed too much by cleaners, acids ,brick clean as you prob know some bird poop will eat into the laquer. chris