35" creepy crawlers-how much?

reggie

Hi does anyone know the cheapest place to get a wheel & tyre package consisting of 35.12.5x15 creepy crawlers & a set of 10x15 modulars to fit a RRC?

I did have a set of 33" kumhos KL71 with 10x15" modulars on order with paddocks but I've been waiting 6 weeks & still no sign of when they will get them in. After reading about the creepy crawlers in 35s I've been getting tempted so if I can get them for a good price I may go for them instead.

So far I've found the creepys at £120 each & the modulars at £35 each = £620 that's delivered from two different places so there not fitted or balanced hence the reason I'm looking for a package deal.

Reggie,

I work in the tyre trade and I couldn't beat the price of a set through silverline using any of my customers.

They seem very reasonable through them and the delivery was included and pretty quick.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

I just looked in the LRO magazine & Silverline had a set advertised for £795 which I thought was way to expensive considering you can buy them separately for £620 + say £40 for fitting.

What sort of price can you get them at?

I thought that it was £120+VAT. I could only find the 15x10s at £49inc VAT through Devon.

i.e. £762 total +delivery +fitting

Looks like i might not have found the cheapest rims, tyres or done my maths propperly. Bu66er.

Ebay man seams like a deal, mind.

I thought that it was £120+VAT. I could only find the 15x10s at £49inc VAT through Devon.

i.e. £762 total +delivery +fitting

Looks like i might not have found the cheapest rims, tyres or done my maths propperly. Bu66er.

Ebay man seams like a deal, mind.

Well I found the 15x10s at Paddocks for £29.25 + VAT & seen some 35" creepys on ebay for £119.75 each inc VAT & delivery. which works out around £620 + fitting.

The only thing is I didn't want to have to get them fitted & assumed somebody out there would do a package for around that price.

The way the economy is with people struggling etc you would have thought there would be some competition out there not people like Silverline trying to charge you £795........ :(

Have you tried asking round places like ATS to se what they would fitt and balance a set of tyres for?

I had some tyres fitted at ATS on the misses car that I bought off the net & they charged me £10 per tyre so I based the cost of fitting the creepys at that.

I had some tyres fitted at ATS on the misses car that I bought off the net & they charged me £10 per tyre so I based the cost of fitting the creepys at that.

ATS will probably charge more I would imagine as I doubt they'll fit on the fitting machine. I'd try an independant firm who does tractor/truck and industrial they'd probably do it for beer tokens. Mine are not ballanced at all and they're not too bad. If the firm you use has a Rema Tip Top account get them to stuff a 6oz bag of 'Equal' dynamic ballancing powder in them. Equal has been around in the trucking industry for years, long before the 4x4 world cottoned on to balancing beads/granules. I've heard some good reports. I've not got it in mine yet but there's a fair discussion here:-

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...902&hl=rema

These do them at a good price as far as I am aware. Although, why not be different and go for the mudzilla's??? If they perform like the mickey thompson baja claw then I would highly recommend them as I have just used some baja claws this weekend on a rangie and their performance was outstanding, despite the fact that they were run at 16psi! For me that's high!

HTH

They fit on the machine no problem. My mate has an old machine bought when the local garage upgraded so he could do the bigger alloys. It is only meant to take 16" rims but I have changed tyres on my 17" rims with it OK and we regularly change 36" boggers and simex on it with no worries whatsoever (you just need to be built like a brick ****house to lift em up there) :lol: :lol:

i find it's not so much the machine for mounting the tyres, but when I had my cooper STTs mounted the other day, they couldnt then fit them on the balancing machine. they didnt have any centres big enough to clamp the 8 spokes onto the machine so I walked out only 30 quid lighter, and the wheels are perfectly balanced anyway. here's to cooper for being able to make round tyres!

i would save and buy better rims than what you get from silverline or the ebay bloke (as standard) there not very well made in the fact that the dishes are slightly out the ebay man i got mine of gave me some slightly better rims an these balaced up a treat but they didnt come balanced off him would recommend him very much tho

dave

i would save and buy better rims than what you get from silverline or the ebay bloke (as standard) there not very well made in the fact that the dishes are slightly out the ebay man i got mine of gave me some slightly better rims an these balaced up a treat but they didnt come balanced off him would recommend him very much tho

dave

I've been looking at getting the rims from Paddocks.

http://www.paddockspares.com/pp/WHEELS_AND...ck_Modular.html

Well I've ordered the rims from Paddock's but the tyres seem to not so easy to find for the right money.

I have seen 37.12.5x15 for a good price though, cheaper than 35s..............................I'm so tempted, just not sure if they will fit with a 4" lift even if I cut hell out of the arches which I plan to do anyway to fit flexi arches.

I've got my finger on the button, not sure I can resist clicking buy.................... :unsure:

Depending on how much suspension articulation you have, you may get away with fitting 37's, although they will most likely rub on the back on the rear arch (inner arch) and on the footwell at the front. 35's would not rub with that amount of lift, although if you can get 37's under it, do it because the more diff clearance the better.

buy buy buy buy buy buy

worry about the rest later :)

the first rims i had wanted over 400grms of lead on 3 and over 800grms on the other

dave

Well I've done it, I bought bought bought!

I pondered over it for a few hours looking at pics on the net & I clicked the buy it now button.......... :P

I've now got four 37" Creepy Crawlers on the way, should have them Friday.

Now I'm just thinking what the hell have I done............how they going to fit but I thought exactly what you said " worry about the rest later"

Depending on how much suspension articulation you have, you may get away with fitting 37's, although they will most likely rub on the back on the rear arch (inner arch) and on the footwell at the front. 35's would not rub with that amount of lift, although if you can get 37's under it, do it because the more diff clearance the better.

I'm not sure if I can get 37s under it but its a bit late now............ :o

The extra diff clearance I'm going to get will be great considering I've only got 32s at the moment, not sure the misses will see it that way when she tries to get in the rangie as she struggles now being only 5ft 3". She'll probably fall over laughing when she sees how big they are sitting in the garage, either that or hit me.