Completely OT - PDA problem

bishbosh

The speaker on my HP IPAQ 2210 has stopped working.The headphone jack still works but nothing form the speaker.

For a short time I could intermitently get the speaker to work, but now nothing.

I have tried soft and hard resets to no avail.

Any ideas? :(

Have you been surfing for 'exotic pictures' on your ipaq?

The speaker is often only connected by a couple of springs / springy metal strips pressing on to the circuit board. Might be worth taking it apart & cleaning? ;)

Si

I have had troubles with the speakers on mobile phones going crappy - not stopping altogether mind - as a result of getting iron filings - read grinding dust - in them. Try blowing it out with an airline if it may have been in such an environment, you have nothing to loose anyway.

Chris

To everyone (except Will & James :P:P ), thank you for your ideas.

I think the speaker has probably died a death or become disconnected / dirty as Simon suggests. I do not however intend to take what is otherwise a fully working device apart - I just know what the rersult of that will be! :o

I am about to experiment with Media player, Tom Tom and an FM device B) in the car to see if I can "bypasss" the speaker.......

Well, I have found a way around the problem - using my FM "device" B) I can listen to MP3's on the car radio and when Tom Tom wants to tell me something it just buts in over the top.

Perfect in the Rangie as it gets a bit hard hearing the PDA speaker.

Sorry to hear your speaker crapped out too James, but at least you sold it!

Well, I have found a way around the problem - using my FM "device" B) I can listen to MP3's on the car radio and when Tom Tom wants to tell me something it just buts in over the top.

Perfect in the Rangie as it gets a bit hard hearing the PDA speaker.

Sorry to hear your speaker crapped out too James, but at least you sold it!

a well known student from Exeter Uni bought it!

Perhaps an fm device is the answer 4 u too Richard

Hmmm... thats an idea if I decide I can't live without the sound. Whenever I've been in a car with TomTom navigating I've wanted to shut the woman up, so I don't think it'll be a problem!

Ordered a 1gb SD card earlier and I'm currently chasing a couple of bluetooth receivers on Ebay :D

Richard