Albright

Mo Murphy

Can I mount my albright solenoid upside down ?

I've moved it to make room for the second washer bottle and it's quite close to the bonnet now.

Turning it upside down would give plenty of clearance.

Does anyone else have theirs upside down ?

Mo

Thanks Chaps, The answer is no then.

Ralph, behind the lh headlamp is a good place to put the solenoid but only if there isn't a large under wing washer bottle there already :)

Ben, strangely I'm using it for washer water :D It feeds tubes that run to the wiper blades.

Cheers

Mo

Thanks Chaps, The answer is no then.

Ralph, behind the lh headlamp is a good place to put the solenoid but only if there isn't a large under wing washer bottle there already :)

Ben, strangely I'm using it for washer water :D It feeds tubes that run to the wiper blades.

Cheers

Mo

OK, I'll give you that :rolleyes: my 110 has he single double pump bottle further back,

So I guess the first bottle is just feeding the second one to increase your wash capacity ?? :unsure:

Mo, thow about mounting them in a waterproof junction box? That way if they're close to the bonnet there's no issues with it shorting.

Annother wiper mod I'm going to do soon is to use Discovery headlight washer jets in place of the usual jets. A guy in the Shire's has done it on his Tomcat and it works unbelievably well.

Annother wiper mod I'm going to do soon is to use Discovery headlight washer jets in place of the usual jets. A guy in the Shire's has done it on his Tomcat and it works unbelievably well.

Work best if you use a RR/Disco washer bottle with the headlight washer pump on it. the headlight washer pump is bigger and designed to shift more water. Plus you still have the two (front and rear) standard washer pumps if you want to pipe up additional jets.

Mo, thow about mounting them in a waterproof junction box? That way if they're close to the bonnet there's no issues with it shorting.

I've rerouted the wash pipes to feed 2 of the later 2hole nozzles, so now instead of just 2 jets in the middle of the screen I have 2 directly infront of driver & passenger. works a treat with the normal pump. all using existing parts & holes in the bulkhead.

Will, I'll just have to get off my lazy bum and make a bracket to drop the solenoid a bit :)

I'm using a standard under wing bottle for the standard jets on the front and rear and a engine bay mounted single bottle to feed two bright blue hoses going to the end of the wipers. Seems to work quite well.

It's one of those "I've got no money at the moment for toys so I'll do one of those many jobs on the list" type jobs :D

I'll post a pic if anyone is bored enough to look at it ;)

Mo