Discovery I - object in fuel tank

john01473

I don’t believe my luck - I bought a spout for a Gerry can - put it on the can -

Put the spout in the tank filler - it started to leak -

Went to pull it out and the end of the spout fell off and sank to the bottom of the tank.

It’s roughly two inches long - not sure what it’s made of.

see picture

So do I go magnet fishing in the tank for it or do I leave it?

post-11040-1223740425_thumb.jpg

I don’t believe my luck - I bought a spout for a Gerry can - put it on the can -

Put the spout in the tank filler - it started to leak -

Went to pull it out and the end of the spout fell off and sank to the bottom of the tank.

It’s roughly two inches long - not sure what it’s made of.

see picture

So do I go magnet fishing in the tank for it or do I leave it?

i think if you lift the carpet up there is a cover in the centre of the floor held down by self tappers remove this cover to expose the top of the tank and i think you can remove the fuel gauge sender unit to access the inside of the tank unless its stuck in the 90 degree bend chris.

I thought that about my discovery but Ive dropped a veggi oil bottle cap in mine :blush: "...and it was never seen again"

I tried fishing it out but to no avail, theres no anti-siphon that I could find, and ive no extra resistance when I fill up... so it's just in there for the duration I reckon

Ibought one of those things on ebay, there carp. Leaked like a sieve also and takes about 10mins to empty a jerry can. The original army issue ones are far better and they take litteraly 1-2 mins to empty the can.

any idea where i can get one.