wolf steering guard

cw01

Hi all,

just wondering if any one has experienced fitting a wolf steering guard onto a normal 90 / 110. I have all the bits, i just dont have acces to my 110 at the moment. On the parts cat' it seems to bolt ( and the length of the bolts would confirm this) through the chassis. Are these holes already present on an ex mod(86) 110?, or would i have to drill them out.

Any help appreciated,

Chris.

All but the very earliest were made by Mantec. As has been said, they are a commercially available item, so they should fit any 90/110. They are fitted as standard with Jate rings so should fit around them no problems.

If you need any help/measurements/pics, give me a shout, I'm sure I can find a Wolf lying around somewhere :ph34r:

Ross

Mke sure to get the spacers for the passenger side - they mimic the width of the panhard rod top mount bracket on the driver's side of the chassis and if you fit it without them (perfectly possible), the 'blade' wont fit......

Straight bolt on job, but be prepared for some really annoyingly tight bolts - especially the bottom one of the panhard rod mount bolts - ohhhh I sweated with that one!

BUGGER!!!!!!! :(

I thought that when i orderded most of the bits from craddocks ( the only missing bits being the spacers) it would be straight forward. Guess i'll just have to order the 'wol£ part$' from a 'Land Robber' main thief, sorry i mean main dealer ;):(

. I do have a contact at a Land Robber parts depot but even with his discount its still daylight robbery for anything XD/Wol£.

Thanks for the heads up anyway stageonesimmo.

Chris.

Just went ahead and 'blind' ordered the spacers from land rover, 'through a man :ph34r: ' if you know what i mean. Also ordered the two bits that hold the door surrounds to the body. Haven't got a price yet, but they are on their way. :unsure: .

Don't worry though, ive padded the floor round the phone for when i do get the price. :P .

Chris.

Well got the bits today, 5 spacers (seems an odd number :unsure: ) and the two brackets that hold the door surrounds to the body. Twenty beer tokens is all it cost me :D , I know its still dear for 7 wee bits of metal, but i was expecting it to be a lot dearer to be honest. By the way those spacers are solid big bits of metal, and to think i was just going to cut up some scrap copper pipe :rolleyes: .

Chris.

• 1 month later...
IIRC it's a Southdown4x4 guard, so should fit any 90/110, might have to move the tiedown ring/JATE ring bolts to fit it.

Southdown did (do?) the guards for the older 90/110 variant such as the BATUS ones, but as above mantec do the Wolf Guards

• 3 months later...

Well,

If anyone else is going to do this, then its dead easy,

You only need the two big spacers for the n/s. If you dont have

jate rings fitted then you will need the smaller ones aswell.

Get two 150( absolute minimum) M10 bolts, 14 M10 washers, and two nyloc nuts.

Replace the jate ring bolts with the 150mm M10's, and use 6 or 7 washers to space each side off of the jates.

Simple.

By god you were right about that lower bolt being tight, I had do use a 1/4" drift and mash hammer to remove it.