Wats yours! boy or girl!

Yostumpy

my landrover have all been female,

the first one was called Birtha, after a scammell explorer i went on a rally in called Big bertha.

my 90, i havnt driven enough yet and cant quite decide on a name, but shaz or sharron is a big posibility because shes a shed.

i love all the vehicles ive had for their own little foibles but ive only named my landrovers as i intend to keep them! even if it means letting them go on permanant loan to family members.

I can't remember ever naming any of my landies, but many of them have had names, they kinda just exude a character which best suits them and then a name just pops up from there. The lightweight is just TRL at the moment , mostly down to people who dont know me and say "oh yeah, The Red Lightweight ". The IIA who's chassis is under TRL was called Abbie , when i got her she had A.B.E on both doors and tailgate so that stuck with her.

Since the first build up with the lightweight body i've had the impression that its now more of a rough and ready hairy arsed bloke....... :blink:

Bit of a quandrie that one :ph34r: i'm sure it/he/she will let me know in their own time :lol::lol::lol:

Either that or it'll just be Abbie on the weekends :lol::lol::lol:

Steve.

Thanks to V8Bertha and Jen, mine was christened "Gary" - though you will never hear me call it that.

Interesting name, that. Land Rovers in the South African Army were called 'Garries' and this actually goes back to WWII where horse-drawn taxis in Egypt, Malta and Gibraltar were called that. The word is Arabic for a horse-drawn cart and was applied to small vehicles by the British and Commonwealth armies in the Middle East.

So there you go, it's a name with lots of history :)

Girls, mostly.

Hatty's, well, a Hatty. Large, ponderous but strangely attractive (to me anyway).

Prudence, is small, old and prim.

Hector's bothering me. Too much in the habit of saying "come on old lass" (Yorkshire) or more frequently "start you cow". Just wouldn't work with a boy's name. Think she'll (she?) have to be Hatty as well. It'll save confusion :ph34r:

It's a character thing? Our Fords euroboxs' don't have names.