Shiny new toys!

simonr

May have lied about the 'Shiny' too....

Today I bought one of these:

interactleft.JPG

Not actually this one - but the same.

It's a Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2, 3 Axis CNC Mill - which conveniently takes the same tooling as my existing Bridgeport Manual mill (Part Ex'd for the CNC).

I bought it to try and speed up the process of prototyping stuff - and because I rather like technology. A mixture of Machining and programming is an unbeatable combination for me!

A couple of months ago, I bought a CNC Lathe - which has just been fantastic. I appreciate that you need to learn on a manual machine to get a feel for it - but the CNC has just transformed what I can make easily.

Now I REALLY need to shift my Myford lathe - as there is simply not the space in the workshop for 2 lathes and the mill. http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=31928 if you're interested.

Tools.jpg

I want £700 for the lathe with tooling (Tooling worth about £500 at typical eBay prices)

talk about prehistoric! what are you planing on maching with that?, i hope your not making anything too complex or your arm will ache once youve change tools a milion times! lol!

i used to use something similar in the tool room at the last place i worked, good old NC dekel, theyre such versatile and handy machines, just really slow!

talk about prehistoric! what are you planing on maching with that?, i hope your not making anything too complex or your arm will ache once youve change tools a milion times! lol!

i used to use something similar in the tool room at the last place i worked, good old NC dekel, theyre such versatile and handy machines, just really slow!

There's always one! ;)

It's for prototyping. Programs will be complex - but the actual physical milling straightforward. Not too many tool changes - and actually that's one of the biggest advantages of CNC, that the same tool can be used for a multitude of jobs with interpolated hole cutting.

It's actually 30 years newer than my current Bridgeport - and by comparison, runs like lightning!

Si