Parabolics

landyliam

I put parabolics and procomp extended shocks plus 1-ton drop shackles on my series 3. Even with the longer shackles WITHOUT the centre brace there was a massve improvement on-road as well as off. Not sure what make the springs were - got them from www.challenger4x4.com. I also can't confirm the height change, because I put the shackles on at the same time and they probably added 1/2 to 3/4 on an inch. It did look good though :D

DSCF0023.JPG

Unfortunately not, I broke my camera on the next trip and then sold the 88 to my brother-in-law before I got a new camera. Should have some after next week though - he's bringing it to Wales :D

Ltwt springs are good, but they dont compare to paras. Mine had ltwt with extended rear shackles, it still buzzed the rear arches on full articulation.

Cheap springs go flat in a short time.

If you want the best , look at Gone2far, they lead the way in the articulation game. Im pretty sure they use TiC springs, which says alot about these springs to me.

Ive changed to TiC, but am running standard length shackles to start with, its lifted the back of the vehicle a couple of inches, so Im going to see how it goes.

My parabolic springs came from Chris Perfect , they are the blue springs and if I remember right thats could be TiC springs . The main reason I bought those one because that ones didn't fit up the land rover that much compared to the cheap parabolics . I wasn't wanting much of a lift so I can still just about get the land rover in the garage . ;)

Some pictures of the land rover articulating , think it could have gone further but I ran out of obstacle's <_<

P1010005.jpg

P1010003.jpg

While I'm typing away here , in the first picture , the window catches that go on the hardtop side glass , anyone got a spares set of those catches ?? The ones in the first picture ( drivers side ) are siezed and can't get the windows open .

If you want the best , look at Gone2far, they lead the way in the articulation game. Im pretty sure they use TiC springs, which says alot about these springs to me.

Ive changed to TiC,

Gon2far used to supply Ti, now supply Chris Perfect springs,

i've had both, IMO the Ti stand upto the beating i give them better than CP stuff. i'm now changing again.

i've had both, IMO the Ti stand upto the beating i give them better than CP stuff. i'm now changing again.

Changing again!! Which ones have you tried Tonk and which ones are you changing back to. I guess compared to the cost of coil upgrades we leafers get off lightly you could buy several sets of parabolics for the price of a coil upgrade

i broke a helper leaf on TI ones, replaced and still performed fine, after 2 1/2 years abuse i thought it time for a change ;) so i bunged CP ones on, i went for heavy duty swb springs, ie 2 leaf fronts and 3 leaf rears, its now 6 months later and i'm changin em, IMO they dont take the punishment i'm giving them, they seem to sag real quick

• 2 weeks later...

B) I agree with Tonk. Parabolic springs should have come stock on Land Rovers. I was really amazed at the difference in ride. Not that noticable on the pavement but first rate off road. As Tonk suggested get in someones truck that has them, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers

Derek

'82 Airportable

Rocky Mountain Paras

2 leaf front

3 leaf rear ;)

well they come standard on the santana, more of a landrover than a landrover nowadays IMHO :ph34r:

and now they are more common the price has come down alot.

i've got a set of british springs (brand new), 2 leaf fronts/3 leaf rears which i'm not using cos my truck is too heavy which i'm flogging ;)