ARB 5mm olives...where to get them from?

Guest deleted

Guest diesel_jim

I've after a few of the 5mm olives for ARB pipes, can't seem to find them anywhere. 5mm is an odd size.

I bought some of the blue pipe from Devon4x4 recently, they were very helpful, but unfortunately don't sell the olives separately (you have to get the full "bulkhead" fitting kit @ £16!)

Any ideas chaps/chapettes?

Jim . I have changed my 5mm pipe in favour of 6mm polyurethane tubing, and fitted straight into the ARB via a 6mm 1/8 push fit connector .

The Poly pipe is more flexible than the nylon 5mm as supplied by ARB and is less prone to kinking and stretching .

Obviously you have to chane the fittings on the solinoids also .

Guest diesel_jim
5mm olives for plastic pipe are in the RS catalogue, part number 830-110.

11p +vat, but you have to buy 10.

Dave

/Homer voice/

RS....WOOHOO!!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Looks like "work" has just bought some olives.... :ph34r::ph34r:

Jim . I have changed my 5mm pipe in favour of 6mm polyurethane tubing, and fitted straight into the ARB via a 6mm 1/8 push fit connector .

The Poly pipe is more flexible than the nylon 5mm as supplied by ARB and is less prone to kinking and stretching .

Obviously you have to chane the fittings on the solinoids also .

Jase

Did you find a push fit connector that screws onto the threaded section that pokes out the diff or did you perform surgery on the air ring to make something else fit?

Pics would be good if you have any

Cheers. Will try and find somewhere local that I can go to and try to confirm thread size before I buy. If that is the case I'll then have a NEW bulkhead fitting kit for the ARB up for grabs

i thought it was an npt thread and not bsp ?

edit : sorry, i was on about the thread that's tapped into the diff.

Maybe they aren't all the same, but on all the Rover ARBs I've looked at (3) the thread on the outside of the central compression nut is 3/8-24, not 1/8 BSP. These all use an olive instead of an o ring on the copper pipe though, so I guess it's an earlier type.

It's close enough to throw even the local hydraulics place, and I'm sure you could wind a BSP in there, but you may wish to check!

Guest diesel_jim

just to add:

The 5mm olives i bought from RS fitted a treat to the blue ARB hose.

And i just bought another roll of 5mm pipe off of ebay (here) for £2.85, so getting the genuine size parts is pretty cheap and easy..... it's about £14 delivered from D4x4 :blink:

Walfy.... If you're flogging the bulkhead fitting, how much you want, mista?

Just to follow on from this i have a DURITE boost guage that needs an olive to go on the pipe into the back of it, any suggestions, must be 2 or 3mm i would have thought.

Can you confirm the size James ,2 mm sounds very small , I have a bag of mixed olives 4mm,6mm,8mm,10mm And If there is one there to suit I can add it to your bill :lol: