Most Usless Spare You Own?

My starter has been playing up for ages and I knew it was knackered, so I invested in a replacement which was bought paid for and, stored on a shelf in the garage for the last 3 months. The existing starter finally quit this week outside Wickes in S****horpe in the pouring rain. The fact that I had a new one on the shelf at home was only a small consollation.

There can be few this more useless than the new replacement part not fitted.

What instinct drives us to carry on knowing that something is going to break sooner or later? In my / this case pure idleness!!!!

Wouldn't call it useless :rolleyes: but I'm sure like others my least likely to be used spares are the spare wheels with barely legal tyres in a size too small for the 90. But is can't be useless though as we all keep a set or two :)

Useful spare - fitted my gen part side light unit today that has been on the shelf a few weeks

I blew a front inner shaft during a competition, I then found that the spare I'd been carrying in the vehicles for 3 years was the wrong one.. of course I only found that out AFTER I'd stripped the front axle in the middle of a field ! Not only was the spare completely useless but carrying it and storing it in the vehicle for all that time just added insult to injury.