Fitting speakers into a truck cab

I need to squeeze some speakers into my truck cab. I gotta have tunes in my truck. In the past i've simply put 2 house speakers where the middle seat would go. Nice and loud, but not practical this time. Don't think i want them door mounted, cos all the noise just ends up at knee height. Likewise with lower dash mounts. I'd be prepared to hack up the headlining and set some home made or bought cabs up high. I'd love to see some pictures of what you guys have gone with. I need inspiration to get started. Cheers.

Not a truck cab, but in my hard top I've put them in the dash in the end and they are fine. no problems in hearing my tunes! Though, when I have some spare money i'd like to update them as they are only standard Landy units.

= ]

In a 130/110 or td5? 90 you can put some 6x9's in the front face of the seatbox, good sound and by making them a really really right fit there isnt much disstortion at all so you get decent base.

Shame i wrote the car off otherwise i would have got a pic for you :lol:

I have a pair in mine albeit a hard top :) let into the headlining at the sides just above my ears. They work a treat :)

Mo

i did the exact same, and besides being slightly deafer-i had a twin sub box on the bulkhead behind me!-it worked really well. 6-9's might be a bit big though i had a pair of 3 inch alpines with tweeters in the dash

In a 130/110 or td5? 90 you can put some 6x9's in the front face of the seatbox, good sound and by making them a really really right fit there isnt much disstortion at all so you get decent base.

Shame i wrote the car off otherwise i would have got a pic for you :lol:

I have them in the seat boxes and the sound - ask my wife- you can hear me coming up the street - they have not recently een underwater but have and still work!

The front grille has come off one but they are high enough - midway - so heels do not kick

work well - go gently

regards

chrisp

:unsure: Knowing well Land Rovers are real leaking objects, how can one fix speakers under the seats behind the car? I took a little tour in my defender under the carpet lining (i have not got seats behind mine yet) and I gaped in awe!! Limping Catfishes from the Bahamas!!! It was wet soaked wet. Speakers anywere there would definitely join in the the party of rottening to the chasis!! I dunno.... might be wrong ;)

in my land rover they are fitted next to my head in the roof lining. however i do not use them because i like to hear what the car is doing/ how much it is breaking but this is only because i just got it and do not know the condition of everything yet. i am planning to rebuild the axles soon and maybe change the engine. then i will not have to worry as much.