What's these Hicyclone things ???? or Nan's fire

Hi,

Just looking around ebay and saw these for sale, never heard of them before..

HI-CLONES

Wats that then..?

Please feel free to point and laugh...

cheers

Dave..

they are a performence thing you put in the turbo pipe midway.. it circulates the air before it get into the turbo (the same direction) makes it easyer to drag air in and drags more air in so it performs better and turbo isnt working so hard to get that air in.

i think. some one will correct me if i am wrong!

It is a device that when placed in the air intake claims to increase power and economy... It is basically a tube of metal with a number of fins inside that make the air flow spin... I have to say that if increases in power and economy were this simple why does no manufacturer fit such a device as standard??? Snakeoil...???

Buy a coke can

Drink contents

Attack with axe, and fit in airbox / snorkel

Enjoy the increased power and costs saving :P

Nige

thats basicly the hyclone.. haha.. some drunken prat though it might work.. proibly feel faster when he was drunk haha..

I was thinking of nicking the rotating silver disc that sit on top off the red light bulbs in the front of my Nan's gas fire...

Along with some sticky backed plastic and a fairy liquid bottle... should double the power output don't you think??

Here's one I prepared earlier.... Not! :D

Hi,

Just looking around ebay and saw these for sale, never heard of them before..

HI-CLONES

Wats that then..?

Please feel free to point and laugh...

cheers

Dave..

a head is desiged to have a smooth flow of air though the ports so why would you want to put a piece of tin in the way supplying turbulant air though it???

if it was that good landrover would have thought of it!

The worst ones are the ones with a rotating fan, with a ballrace, held on by a circlip.

Bearing or circlip fails - bits of metal rapidly makes into the innards of the motor.

IMVHO, the ONLY time any of these snake oil type products is to mask something already defective. In the case of the "turbolators", on a carb motor with extremely poor fuel atomisation and distribution, they could improve things a bit - for everyone else, they're an absolute waste of money. And if yer carb is that bad to benefit, better off to spend the money on fixing the carb!

Ah

Only if your nans fire is a "2 bar" version,

(doubling BHP and Torque plus attractiveness to women, )

the "1 Bar" has no effect

Nige

3x bar Nige, impressed or what...? thought I'd jack up the back too and fit the red lights... Cruise night here I come...

db