Licence Question

AlphaBravo

All events I know of will require a full license as a term of their insurance. You might get away with P+P days as long as you have a suitable (properly licensed/aged/experienced) passenger along. Your best be would be to contact the event organiser directly and ask.

Chris

The main question is WHAT 110?

If you are after a 110 CSW with 10/12 seats in you can NOT legally drive it solo on public highway until you have past your mini bus test. Am not sure that a provisional licence would allow you to drive such a vehicle. Please check this out carefully. Am guessing that your accompaning driver will have to have a mini bus test or an old licence so that he /she can legally supervise you. Can not remember the date when these licence requirements changed

If a 110 hard top then no problem.

Please check this out carefully as your insurance is likely to be invalid if you do not have the correct licence!

Regards

Leeds

The main question is WHAT 110?

If you are after a 110 CSW with 10/12 seats in you can NOT legally drive it solo on public highway until you have past your mini bus test. Am not sure that a provisional licence would allow you to drive such a vehicle. Please check this out carefully. Am guessing that your accompaning driver will have to have a mini bus test or an old licence so that he /she can legally supervise you. Can not remember the date when these licence requirements changed

If a 110 hard top then no problem.

Please check this out carefully as your insurance is likely to be invalid if you do not have the correct licence!

Regards

Leeds

1st January 1997 not sure if having a licensed person next to you allows you to drive it legally. PROVIDING you have L plates on, as it does with trailers.

it's better to carry any driving docs with you all the time, I do & they don't take up much space if folded & stored in your wallet.

I never carry mine, just incase I lose them. costs a few quid to get them replaced!

there is a charge of not carrying your documents if you are stopped and asked to produce, but as most people dont carry them they allow you to go away with the producer.

If I was going to a P&P, trackday, 1/4 mile run day etc I would take my license, insurance and MOT. no point driving there and being turned away!

errr, pretty sure they just ring up the dvla from the roadside and give your details, they then know instantly what license you have, when you got it, how many points etc etc

They obviously have some sort of direct line as I never manage to get through that quickly :)

At the risk of upsetting you why not get a 109 for a couple of years and get some no claims built up?

Mike

...pretty sure they just ring up the dvla from the roadside and give your details, they then know instantly what license you have, when you got it, how many points etc etc

They obviously have some sort of direct line as I never manage to get through that quickly...

Phones are so 20th Century :lol: . It's done by computer now - has been for the last 5 or 6 years. At a stop check, an officer can check your criminal status, DVLA details, insurance details and MOT status. Producers (HORT/1) are generally only used now where there are discrepancies e.g. you insist you are insured, but the "computer says no" - though this is usually cleared up with a call direct to the insurance company (there are also a few insurance companies who don't subscribe to the insurance database or take ages to update details).

Phones are so 20th Century :lol: . It's done by computer now - has been for the last 5 or 6 years. At a stop check, an officer can check your criminal status, DVLA details, insurance details and MOT status. Producers (HORT/1) are generally only used now where there are discrepancies e.g. you insist you are insured, but the "computer says no" - though this is usually cleared up with a call direct to the insurance company (there are also a few insurance companies who don't subscribe to the insurance database or take ages to update details).

Wot he says :P

Most insures subscribe to the Motor Insurer's Bureau and a swift phone call can normally prove the toe rags are lying about thier insurance ;)

regarding the 11/12 seater im not so sure

i own and drive a transit minibus (aswell as my disco loL)

its insured and i have had no problems under new drivers rules (bus license)

when im stopped by plod i explain its not for hire or reward and i am a non profit making organisation(family use only)and it all clears ok mib shows its insured as bus in my name and have always been allowed to carry on i do have four kids and two adoptees as such (extended family members ) who live with me from time to time so even my 7 seater disco aint big enough

my lessons were all in a transit (luton ) and i passed first time, would love to get minibus licence for hire and reward but cant due to a misdemeaner dd offence number off years ago

maybe im just lucky !!!!

sorry to hijack thread just my tuppence worth

regarding the 11/12 seater im not so sure

i own and drive a transit minibus (aswell as my disco loL)

The original poster won't have C1/D1 catergories on the licence, just B which is cars only. OK for a 110 2-7 seater but not for any more.

Cheers

Blippie