2008 90 with 37" tyres 3" lift steering problem

bombx3

Check the panhard rod bolts along with all the balljoint nut and the big nut holding the drop arm to the steering box - extra force of turning the larger tyres will be putting more counteracting force through the panhard.

Mind you with 700 miles you'd think everything should be tightened from factory to the correct values.

Also, are the tyres contacting the radius arm on full lock before the steering stop? maybe the steering stop needs to be wound out a bit?

Which nuts were loose exactly?? Nothing should be loose when it comes to steering.

Not sure but they were very nice about it the manager said they had no previous problems with these but speaking to the machanic he said he has done loads over the last six months ,earlier this year we brought a range rover sport and a mile down the road the supercharger seized up and after they repaired it the head gasket went ,i was so peed off i got a full refund

What are you going to say to the dealer bearing in mind the problem only exists with the non standard bits fitted?

i said fitted these beautifull wheels and tyres but my truck is falling apart and my old 1992 defender with the same is perfect WHY!!!!!!!!!!! answer was oh dear looks like they didnt tighten the nuts up from new we are sorry would you like coffee why we check your truck over

most likely to be the cv joint.

mine did it. it will stop if you fill it up with thick transmission oil or grease

do you know how to fill it up??

mikey

HELLO mikey,i do no how to fill them up but on a new truck i wasnt going to bother just let them do it thanks anyway