Tomb Raider based 100inch hybrid

Raw

I’m about to start building a Defender 100 inch hybrid using RR chassis with a 3.5 v8 on carbs with an LT95 4 speed box. I’m basing it on the 110 hi cap used in the first tomb raider movie “The Cradle of Life" but with a couple of changes. I already have a bulkhead with dash , 90 tub and seat box , wings and front end etc.... But after measuring a mates 130 I think a 130 hi cap tub should fit nicely without any modification, as i plan to cut the 90 tub down to make an extended cab or "king cab" , will this work ?

That'd be a massive rear overhang with a 130 hi-cap style tub. A quick google of some pics and from what I know of my 100" hybrid, the front of a 130 tub looks to be about right - there may even be a bit of a gap between it and the truck cab, which you could fill up with your cut down 90 tub.

That'd be a massive rear overhang with a 130 hi-cap style tub. A quick google of some pics and from what I know of my 100" hybrid, the front of a 130 tub looks to be about right - there may even be a bit of a gap between it and the truck cab, which you could fill up with your cut down 90 tub.

Yes I agree with the rear overhand but I’m not building this landy to go off road more for towing and everyday farm use. I had a play on photo shop and this is what im aiming for

110kingbabtombraider.png

tombraiderdressedup.jpg

Yes I agree with the rear overhand but I’m not building this landy to go off road more for towing and everyday farm use. I had a play on photo shop and this is what im aiming for

Doesn't look as ridiculous as I thought it would. Well, in the first pic anyway :rolleyes: Your best bet would be to get busy with a tape measure on all the bits you're planning to use - see how much of the 90 tub you'd have to use as this determines the size of your kingcab.

with a 100 inch chassis you'd have to cut the hi cap tub down. if you use either a 110 one or a 130 one. on a 110 you can fit a 130 DChigh cap tub to make room for a king cab. This is what i'd do or if you needed more load space fit a 110 high cap tub to a 130 chassis. I've been looking at this posibility for someting work based the king cab gives room a normal truck cab doesnt

• 3 months later...
Have a look on foleys site Im sure i have seen one on their gallery just like this.

In fact the one you have seen is the basis of Raw's photoshop above! You can even see the Foley wing sticker. That is a 130 with a 110HCP back and a king cab.

I think that a 100" will only just work with the 130" back. No space for a king cab.