Roll Cage Padding

bishbosh

Proper FIA cage padding costs a fortune.

Cheap stuff is available from Rallydesign.co.uk

Good stuff from robinson-race-cars.co.uk, merlinmotorsport.co.uk, demontweeks.co.uk, peterlloydrallying.co.uk

Its something like this that would make an ideal "forum group buy????"

I can google too.....in fact i did before you did :P

I consider £25ish a length pretty pricey considering its not overly special and is in pretty short lengths - to do the most vunerable bits of the d-landers internal cage would cost me approx £100

Is that more or less than a new head?

Chris

Indeed, this is why i shall be spending the £100 on padding.

Rizla1 - helmets will probably soon be compulsary in challenge and other events anyways and should always be used if you have an internal cage.

buy a helmet - ha ha

Before i got into off roading i used to be into drag racing and sprinting. I threw away a Sparco helmet becsause I had beaten it against an un-padded roll cage too many times. £40 + a meter for padding is still expensive though when all you really need is something soft. The Longacre or Rallydesign (what I fitted in the end) stuff is more than adequate. I'm planning to get some from Rallydesign for my internal Safety Devices shortly.

Thanks all!

I too can, and did, Google you will be amazed to hear :lol: but I was really looking for first hand experiences of the products you guys have found to be good value. :)

Off to do some measuring now......