engineers report

dirtydiesel

Has anyone on here looked into having a engineers reports done to asses quality of any mods on there truck?

I've had one done a few years ago for an engine conversion, is was painless and quite cheap it also made insurance easier.

I was wondering if this might be a good way to save some bother if everything went tits up at some point?

Has anyone on here looked into having a engineers reports done to asses quality of any mods on there truck?

I've had one done a few years ago for an engine conversion, is was painless and quite cheap it also made insurance easier.

I was wondering if this might be a good way to save some bother if everything went tits up at some point?

Yep have gone the same route after modding the last truck which we also used for work, had no prob with the inspection and made insurance easy, also when challenged on a site by a H&S guy was able to supply a copy of the report which made life easy :rolleyes:

I was once asked by an insurer for an engineers report on a car. I asked the insurer what sort of person they wanted to do it, they just said 'an engineer', I asked if a marine or civil engineer would be OK, they replied 'err, yes, I suppose so'.

Chris

I had to get an "engineer" to report on my 300Tdi install for my insurance. They weren't sure what an "engineer" was but said it couldn't be me or the policyholder (same). Apparently my degree and chartered engineer status wasn't enough, so I got my dad to do it (no degree but he's chartered too). They were happy with that. :rolleyes:

I asked my insurance company what they wanted for my 300 tdi conversion they said a copy of the reciept from the garage was ok,after i had the uprated intercooler and disco transfer box fitted the insurance co. told me they wanted the brake's converted from drums on the back to disc's and vented on the front not got aproblem with any of that.. :lol:

I asked my insurance company what they wanted for my 300 tdi conversion they said a copy of the reciept from the garage was ok,after i had the uprated intercooler and disco transfer box fitted the insurance co. told me they wanted the brake's converted from drums on the back to disc's and vented on the front not got aproblem with any of that.. :lol:

I am very surprised that they asked for a higher spec braking systems than standard!

PS I see that we now have a spell checker on the Forum Editor. Well done guys.

Marc.