Soon to be 40 years

Rich_P

Has anyone thought of what's going to be happening next year? Given that clubs and groups seem to mark special occasions with the likes of the Series motors and what are now dubbed the Defenders, is there anything happening to mark 40 years of the Range Rover next year?

plus isn't it 20 years of the disco this year too??

Yep - April I think? My first 200Tdi Discovery will be 18 years old this year and as far as I know still going strong, wonder how many 2005 model Discovery 3s there will be around in 2023 :unsure:

wonder how many 2005 model Discovery 3s there will be around in 2023 :unsure:

Not many I suspect if its true that any major engine work needs the body off to get access!

My local non-franchised repairer tells me that D3s and Range Rover Sports are a real pig to change head gaskets on - the oldest will now be out of warranty. He reckoned on one man week to strip one down and similar to reassemble.

Anyone know different, because this means I will avoid one second-hand otherwise.

I can tell you that you don't have to take the body off to get the engine out but I know a man who changed an engine in one without doing this and reckoned at the end of it, it would have been easier if he HAD taken the body off...