Hawse type fairlead for steel cable.

Pete Attryde

I am fairly sure you can get Hawse type fairleads for steel cable, but much searching on here and via google has not helped me find a supplier, can any one suggest a good supplier.

Pete.

and before you ask I don't like the look of the roller type fairleads and as the winch will only see occasional self-recovery type use I can't justify buying synthetic rope and an alloy fairlead.

Pete.

Yes you can get them. I used to have one, can't remember who had it off me though... :blink: .

I would try the usual suspects - Bowyer, Devon, etc etc. Not likely to be an item they would use web space for advertising as the demand must be very low. So give them a call!

A lot of the old Warn 8274 winchbumpers that people have here (the ones that bolt over the top of a std LR front bumper) have a steel hawse fairlead so it may be worth trying suppliers of original Warn stuff - it probably used to be a "Warn part"?

I have one attached to the husky in the garage, so they are certainly available. Currently it is holding the two ends of the winch together, but it will be available in a little while - I uess you need one sooner than that though...

OK Pete, I'll stick your name on it ;)

badger me if it becomes critical...

Ooh, I just thought though - I know which bumper you are going to stick it on, and I don't think it will fit without drilling the bumper - it is a 4 hole type, rather than a 2 hole one. turns out it's not holding anything together either, so I'll drag it out if you want it...

gallery_92_424_73568.jpg

i have a 2 bolt one here if you want it (got some wear , can send pics ) either just cover posatage costs or collect off me at the donnington 4x4 show (if your attending)

regards

Dafydd

Pete, don't worry, I'll not be offended if you take the offer of the one that actually fits! ;)

Mark

Well in that case Dafydd i'll take your one ta. Pm heading your way.

Pete.