problem!! land rover plus tree!

Badger90

If I was planning to attach a winch and bumper to my truck, and there was any doubt as to the condition of the attachment points (the dumb irons) I would be making sure they were solid. In the case of the dumb irons, the easiest and quickest solution is to replace.

also do you use the jack holes on the dumb iron? if not (like me) then you can trim the 'chin/underbite' bit off enabling you to get access to the bottom of the bumper bolts and fit nuts on instead of the stupid captive nut plate thing

Chassis modification?

warning SVA/IVA police will appear :)

If I was planning to attach a winch and bumper to my truck, and there was any doubt as to the condition of the attachment points (the dumb irons) I would be making sure they were solid. In the case of the dumb irons, the easiest and quickest solution is to replace.

oh yeah no doubt about it.. but there will be winch on in for some time. so if i wasto change them at a later stage it can hold the bumper on for a few months?

If the dumbirons are paper thin in places I think I'd want to have a good tap around the rest of the chassis while I was at it.

I agree, whack the metal with a hammer (not a girly tap). If the metal bends quite easily, then it's replacement time - especially if you plan to fit a winch bumper.

Les.

hey badger, who do you know from harper?

oh and to stay on topic, replace both dumb irons, its worth doing and will stop the rust spreading further back,

yeah i am now.. but when i have the money i will ill shove the bumper on then sort it out as soon as i can!!

err natasha wright? sophie robbins? scot rix? will allbruy? goerge aptar? tom coxell? tom magners? edd watson? and few more!! whys that?