Suggestions on finding new doors.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to find a set of new complete doors, 2007 or newer for a 5-door CSW. All the OEM doors are still the old-style with alu on steel and I'd like to avoid the new doors having the same fate as the old ones. I have a container leaving the UK in about 2 months so have until then to find some.

if you can find some, be ready to pay a big price for them, if well treated with anti corrosion compounds the ally/steel doors will last at least another 20 years.

another option is to ask around at UK LR breakers to find some off a crashed 110, but doubt the doors would survive such a ending.

if you can find some, be ready to pay a big price for them, if well treated with anti corrosion compounds the ally/steel doors will last at least another 20 years.

another option is to ask around at UK LR breakers to find some off a crashed 110, but doubt the doors would survive such a ending.

True, but a source of new-take-offs would be better, I found one in the US but shipping adds another $300 or so to the $1200USD per set (and he only has front doors right now). Still those are complete and much better than the dealer cost on everything.

If it's only the frame that's gone, Land Rovers UK (Somerset way I think) repair them at £100 a pop or something. Cheaper than buying new ones at like £300 each or whatever.

http://www.landroversuk.co.uk/doorrefurbishment.html

Only a couple problems with that, on the 2 2nd row doors the frames were basically gone, enough left to keep shape and only the window-frame was intact, the others were better and possibly worth fixing but I'm in Ottawa, so shipping is a bit of a pain and the final result is for a show vehicle so they need to be perfect (it is also a working Expedition vehicle) and a daily driver with salted roads, etc, so the complete doors for about 300 each plus shipping (oddly from Florida) from the 2007 model rev, are a better deal even cost wise.

I could ship over a new set from the UK with my chassis leaving in about 2 months, but it means finding some complete since all the internals change too so what I can save from these isn't much use.

John craddock are advertising new complete second row doors for £190 each on ebay

Got a link? The ones I've seen so far in that price range have been aluminum doors and not galvanized steel. From what they have listed on their main site that seems a lot lower, they've got lift up handle doors for 300 and 600 (not sure why left and right are different, but who knows).

I wish I'd known how bad the doors really were while I was there, I'm not opposed to a repaired door with a fresh skin either but searching for parts from here has been a bit of a pain.

John Craddock

These people are always a good bet for late model 4x4 panels...

equicar.co.uk

Ebay doors

Hi these are only for the front doors but well worth a look and he might possibly be able to get others nince people to deal with,

Amazon 4x4 have parts from all makes and models, all years and both commercial and private vehicles. This list is constantly updated and there is even more in store, so be sure to check back often and call if you can't instantly find what you're looking for. Our professional team are happy to help.

http://www.amazon4x4.com

1 Products Found

Part : Doors

Make / Model : 90/110 and Defender

Price : £350.00+ VAT

FRONT DOORS REMOVED FROM BRAND NEW 2007 MODEL DEFENDERS, COMPLETE WITH EVERYTHING TO BOLT ON EXCEPT ONE HINGE. AS NEW IN ABSOLUTELY MINT CONDITION. CURRENTLY HAVE BOTH SIDES AVAILABLE, BUT LIMITED ONE OFF STOCK.

good luck with the holy grail type search!! regards Antony

Was just wondering if its better to change my door skins on my 1990 def 110 or change the entire door? Will the new doors be a perfect fit for the def 110?

Well, the new doors are indeed 'better' and will fit fine. As you've seen they're fairly expensive compared to repairing the old ones so it depends on what your use of the vehicle is really. Here in Canada Defenders are so rare I want my first 110 to be 'perfect' so I'm going to lengths that in the UK would be seen as pretty nuts but I am limited to buying vehicles 15 years old or older.

99% of the time if the frame is in decent shape, repair and re-skinning with the new galvanized steel skins will be the right choice.

So, anyone out there who hasn't properly rust-proofed inside their doors go do it now... other than this my 1992 was in decent shape, by 15 year old standards and the doors are by far the most expensive to replace.

I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to find a set of new complete doors, 2007 or newer for a 5-door CSW. All the OEM doors are still the old-style with alu on steel and I'd like to avoid the new doors having the same fate as the old ones. I have a container leaving the UK in about 2 months so have until then to find some.

added this to another message, in the for sale forum there is a pinned messge about ebay, something about fat fingers, any way there are some doors there that might suit you, have a look. Good luck.