Fans - OTHER than F Kenlowes

If I can get IP67 stuff for sensible money I may go that route 1st

Are mondeo fans engine side of rad of grill side as I need grill side :( ?

Nige

I put a twin fan unit on my 90 from a Peugeot 406 and they are grill side fans, although I have them engine side and have them wired so they run the other way round, it sounds like a small jet engine when they both start up as they pull a fair old gale though the grill.

They come with a ridiculous amount of unnecessary wiring on them, which I just cut back to the important 4 wires necessary for operation. I would recommend getting the cowling with them, as it is very easy to adapt to fit.

Good powerful twin fans, that seem to cope very well with getting wet, as I have dunked mine a fair few times and they are still working fine.

Ooh one more thing, with the cowling they are pretty much exactly the same size as the Land Rover Grill.

I put a twin fan unit on my 90 from a Peugeot 406 and they are grill side fans, although I have them engine side and have them wired so they run the other way round, it sounds like a small jet engine when they both start up as they pull a fair old gale though the grill.

They come with a ridiculous amount of unnecessary wiring on them, which I just cut back to the important 4 wires necessary for operation. I would recommend getting the cowling with them, as it is very easy to adapt to fit.

Good powerful twin fans, that seem to cope very well with getting wet, as I have dunked mine a fair few times and they are still working fine.

Ooh one more thing, with the cowling they are pretty much exactly the same size as the Land Rover Grill.

Interesting

Many fans can be run opposite to as they expect to be, but unless the blades are universal the air flow can be sadly less than expected :(

I have a problem not just with Hieght x Width but also with Depth too, actually ESPECAILLY depth :(

Ta will cionsider, SPAL still high up the list as I would rather pay a few £££s fit and forget and have huge air movements

Anyone know how say a 13" spal compares with a 13" kenlowe or similar size for size

Now see kenlowe don't reaaly help themselves with data sheet either :(

Nige

....... Peugeot 406 .........They come with a ridiculous amount of unnecessary wiring on them..........

The fans on my 306 are variable speed so that will be what all the wiring is about. Never actually looked but I think it starts as one fan low speed and works up to both at high speed.

With a little work it may be possible to transplant the whole functionality.

Steve

Mondeo, mondeo, mondeo, V6 with Aircon.

Is there a particular model year that is good? Having had a quick look, it seems that a number of the Mk3 Mondeo models (2001 - 2003) have twin fan setup. Is there something different about the ST220 (V6) as the cowlings again all 'look' the same?

Should we be looking at earlier models? Would appreciate more info.