Microcat

towoha

• 1 month later...

Returning to this in the hope that there's a quick answer to the following...

Reinstalling Mcat onto an XP system I'm repeatedly being presented with the error message 'uninstaller setup failed to initialize' after clicking 'ok' the setup instantly closes.

Any ideas?

TIA.

Steve,

Is this a reinstall or a new install on a new computer? If a reinstall then you have remove all traces of the old install including the cracks.

If on a new computer then try running windows update before try again.

BTW the version your using Steve is it one or two cd's ?

Todd.

Interesting that you should say that Todd as I thought the same so tried to load it from a known good copy (ie one that I'd used before and found to be ok) but the problem still persists :blink:

I have sen this with my friends computer with Xp, it was the actual DVD drive could not read the discs correctly, had to change the dvd Reader/writer and it read both discs

Returning to this in the hope that there's a quick answer to the following...

Reinstalling Mcat onto an XP system I'm repeatedly being presented with the error message 'uninstaller setup failed to initialize' after clicking 'ok' the setup instantly closes.

Any ideas?

TIA.

To rule out the disc copy the contents of the disc to a directory and install from there, I'm pretty sure that will work - I haven't had a disk for ages and I remember installing at the start of the year.

Try uninstalling via the control panel first and check that the folders have gone.

hth