Grab handles - what are they for?

I have two nice big handles on each end of my crossmember, I presume they're standard. Any idea what they are for? Are they my Landy's equivalent of love handles?

1992 Defender 90

Cheers,

Dave.

I love them because they are a 'Landrovery sort of thing'. like those galvanized catches, cappings, hooks and hinges that so properly equiped series types, but we are not allowed to have any more... Although (as Ralph says) they wont save the rear lights, I belive that is what we expected to belive.

One thing is for sure; they are not for recovery!! Because: they are made from aluminium! at least mine always have been.

Great for tying up dogs though.

Howard.

2x300TdiDef.

I love them because they are a 'Landrovery sort of thing'.

Yes, I have to admit they do just look right somehow on a LR, just part of the character of the vehicle somehow, in fact any extra "sticky out bits" that you can tie things to or lash down to dont look out of place.

Imaging bolting "grab handles" onto a new Ford Fiesta. :blush:

they were fitted on the civilian models. these grab handles could possible be used for recovery when you had to lift up slightly or drag the landie.

the mod landies were fitted with the bumpettettes on the rear and the extra shot piece on top of the original front bumper. if you look carefully, on the stock vehicle, the two line up nicely. so when the vehicles were parked bumper to bumper, they could be used for pushing another landie in the parking lot. hmmm.