TD5 Gearbox fault codes

Hi all,

Looking for gearbox fault codes for the nanocom(if such exists!)

So before I get ridiculed, I am asking this on behalf of a friend who likes to pull my leg!! :lol:

Have'nt seen it yet, all i know by his description is LG.... something something.... gearbox!! :lol:

Sorry if it a bit vague, however looked on the tech archived and searched them however could'nt see anything on the nanocom fault lists!!

Thanks

Grant

Hi Guys

Thanks for the reponse!!

I didnt think there was any electrickery in an r380!!

However it does say gearbox, as it says below:

we got a few letters wrong, but the description is still there!!

Code(s) is/are :

Fault 10-04 Gearbox/ABS drive open load - logged

Fault 14-04 Gearbox/ABS drive open load - current

Sorry I was a bit vague, just got to South Africa B) that evening and trying to sort his td5 for Safari!!

Thanks in advance

Grant

I get the same faults logged on mine too, and quite a few others, but I don't have ABS (or Aircon.)

The engine ECU appears to be geared up for all the possible options but if they're not fitted it detects that and throws up faults accordingly, would be nice if you could tell the ECU that these options are not fitted and to not generate the codes but I can't find any options to do it, not with Nanocom anyways.

I get the same faults logged on mine too, and quite a few others, but I don't have ABS (or Aircon.)

The engine ECU appears to be geared up for all the possible options but if they're not fitted it detects that and throws up faults accordingly, would be nice if you could tell the ECU that these options are not fitted and to not generate the codes but I can't find any options to do it, not with Nanocom anyways.

The more sophisticated diagnostic systems like IDS mask the carp fault codes if they aren't relevant to the vehicle spec - for example on an early T4 diagnostic version and an early Td5 Defender you always get a fault code for open circuit on the tachometer (rev counter) drive - because no factory Td5 Defender has one but the ECU looks for it because it might be a Discovery .... later versions cover this up because it is obviously a gash code which doesn't apply :)

I honestly doubt whether Nanocom offers this but for the price you have to expect corners to be cut :)