intercoolers a bit dirty

i took my intercooler out my 200tdi disco to clean it over the week, but i have realised that i dont know how to clean it :rolleyes: has anyone got any advice/tips cos its covered in oil inside it and mud outside.

mikey

cheers, would pressure washing damage the outside of it, as i know they are a bit limsy in the middle bit whatever its called lol.

mikey

Garden hose jet but not pressure wash. Let the cleaning agents do the work.

Steve

okay, ill do it at the weekend, and for now stick to my engineering revision :ph34r: or is it classed as bodging revision? :huh: lol

mikey

One option I've head of, but not tried yet, is to stick a dishwasher tablet in with water and leave overnight.

If it is good enough for your Waterford Crystal Whiskey Tumblers then it is probably allright for your intercooler.

G.

washed it, using lots of fairy liquid, washing tablets (the ones with the power ball :ph34r:) and its sorta clean, i also soaked it for about an hour and then put the hose in the end and ran it through for another hour. much water wasted :P