BW65 auto to Series x case convertion

Beleive it was ashcrofts.

I had one of the ashcrofts LT77 conversion kits, and frankly it was horrible. I made my own in the end. However having done it I'd say its not woth the agro. Fit the autobox and transfer box and convert it to part time 4wd (assuming it uses the LT230 of course!)

Jon

LT230 doesn't fit the BW65/66, it's a Jag box. One of the advantages of using BW65/66 and series transfer box is the size, much shorter than a ZF or TF727 and LT230, which mean it will fit in a SWB series without having the V8 sticking out the front.

Hmmmmmmmm a mate of mine has a Jag autobox in his 3.9V8 bowler so I'm guessing its one of these.

He's forever blowing it up! Was rebuilding it 2 or 3 times a year at one stage......now talking about fitting a torqueflite.......

I,ve been the chrysler727 (torqueflight) route killed that as well. zf 4 speed is the only one to take the pain so far.

I,ve been the chrysler727 (torqueflight) route killed that as well. zf 4 speed is the only one to tack the pain so far.

Was it a propperly built 727? In LR form they're not that strong but when built propperly not much is stronger. They need to be kept cool, though, IIRC.

Was it a propperly built 727? In LR form they're not that strong but when built propperly not much is stronger. They need to be kept cool, though, IIRC.

Agreed. They can be built to take close to 1000hp and did run behind big blocks in standard form, albeit uprated from the RR version. Cooling is next to Godliness

Agreed. They can be built to take close to 1000hp and did run behind big blocks in standard form, albeit uprated from the RR version. Cooling is next to Godliness

It was more a case of the RR one was down rated.