Tyre Pressure?

depends on the brand of tyre, how much weight you carry etc.

although there are manufacturers recomended pressures, i found them to be way off when i fitted greenway machos to my 90.

After lots of upping and downing of pressures, i have finally settled on 32psi front and 30psi rear for normal road driving. When loaded or towing, the rears go up to 36psi.

Reccomended pressures please from you that know these things for 265/75/16 tyres on steel rims.

Thanks Keith

Hi Keith

I put 235/70/16 on my 90 recently as i do a lot more motoway miles, but i run at 32psi on fornt and 34 on the back

Dan

Book says:-

28/35 for 265s on a 90

28/40 for 7.50s on a 90

28/48 for 7.50s on a 110

So whether you use the 90's pressure, or up the 90's rear pressure by 8psi (that being the difference in the pressures for 7.50s between a 90 & 110) is up to you. There isn't a published pressure for 265s on a 110 because they never fitted them.

My 90 handbook states pressures for the 265/75 tyres as 28 Front 36 Rear. For me the rear is way too high as I don't carry any weight.

Currently they sit at 30PSI all round, with quite a bit of bulge and if hitting a rough patch on the motorway at 60 they don't feel as secure (if that's the right word) as when I run them at higher pressures.

However for me at the moment it is mostly town driving, and if I do use the motorway it's 50-55mph so this pressure suits me fine for comfort and even wear.

I will shortly be doing the 'chalk' tyre test to make sure they are wearing evenly :)