off roading for complete novice, oxfordshire??

Robot_Roo

Hello guys, would like to ask if anyone knows a good place to start some off roading in oxfordshire area(nothing too heavy!!)

Have recently bought a 300tdi disco(fairly old but love it!!) and would like to take my 13 year old son round a few courses, I do use the vehicle for on road so I dont want to kill it. Checked out a fairly local one to me at avon dasset and it looks pretty severe!!! (or am I just been a weed!). all suggestions(within reason!) welcome. P.S this is a great site :D

Also check out the Abingdon 4x4 Festival. Easy course and lots of help if required.

HTH

Ivan

highly recommended, hang on till September & go there, assistance is available & they will ride with you in your vehicle so you can learn the basics. you'll have a great day.

I've been to Avon Dassett quarry, and it is a bit severe for a newbie. I was with 2 other shiny vehicles - both of which got severely damaged.

Les.

I took a three week old 90 there once, all I damaged was the front number plate.

Try the Midland Rover owners club for drive rounds and there is a site near Shipston that has some gentler bits, between Honington and Idlicote. There is a website somewhere.