Which cooling fan ?

kingdong2

Hej TeriAnn,

Welcome to the forum.

All you guys & gal who have those big fans make me want to run out and get one to. :lol:

Nah, the motor hasn't gotten hot enough for the fan to kick in, it stays below middle of the gauge weather it's city or highway driving.

Todd.

Hej TeriAnn,

Welcome to the forum.

And from me too - I had a look at your website and it's pretty impressive - you should do a 'here is my Land Rover' post with lots of pictures for us all to enjoy..

All you guys & gal who have those big fans make me want to run out and get one to. :lol:

Nah, the motor hasn't gotten hot enough for the fan to kick in, it stays below middle of the gauge weather it's city or highway driving.

Mine never gets hot either, but I still WANT a big electric pusher fan :D

Just to be different - two small(er) Audi puller fans on the back of the rad, with the cowling chopped right back to allow the rad to clear the PAS box ;)

radnfans.jpg

Cooling the 4.6 very nicely. Running Bull Bar Cowboy's twin-speed fan circuit, shortly to be controlled by the MegaSquirt ECU.

And from me too - I had a look at your website and it's pretty impressive - you should do a 'here is my Land Rover' post with lots of pictures for us all to enjoy..

Mine never gets hot either, but I still WANT a big electric pusher fan :D

I was going to do an intro post (Hi I'm me and I'm here) but there doesn't seem to be a place in the forum for newbies to introduce ourselves.

Maybe I'm going through a shy phase, but it seemed that a "Here's my Land Rover and look at all its goodies" posting seemed a bit pretentious for a forum newbie. I've had her for a little over 30 years now and to me she is basically a pimped out Dormobile that will go anywhere I care to point her and her tyres can find bight. If there is interest I could give a virtual cook's tour of The Green Rover but I don't want to impose not knowing the social dynamics of this group.

I actually need the big fan. There are times when I travel in areas that well over 100 degrees F (38 degrees C) And I have learned something about my EFI system the hard way. The computer puts the engine into warm up mode below 185F (85C) and the thermostat that is supposed to be paired with the computer is 190F (88C). Mine was cooler.

When the computer is in warm up mode it runs the engine lean to help it get up to operating temperature quicker. with a lower temperature thermostat the radiator kept the engine below 185. So the engine was running cool but very learn. Which meant very high exhaust temperatures, manifolds and exhaust. I had melted a clutch hydraulic hose, an O2 sub harness and had very high temperatures in fuel lines that ran near the exhaust system causing vapour lock on long trips in hot weather. That problem took me about 2 years to solve as I've never seen the temperature point where the computer switches to normal mode in print. Of course since I live on the cool coast they problem was only noticeable when I ventured inland in the summer.

Which is a long winded way to mention that a big fan comes in handy with a 190 (88) degree thermostat in occasional 100 (38) degree plus ambient temperatures.

TeriAnn - a good place to say hello & introduce your vehicle is the members' vehicles forum. I've visited your website many a time for various inspirations.

If you have EFI issues may I suggest a look at MegaSquirt, it overcomes a lot of the "black box" gremlins of factory EFI.

TeriAnn - a good place to say hello & introduce your vehicle is the members' vehicles forum. I've visited your website many a time for various inspirations.

If you have EFI issues may I suggest a look at MegaSquirt, it overcomes a lot of the "black box" gremlins of factory EFI.

I'm still somewhat lost in this forum's layout. I do not see a members vehicles forum in any of the places I've browsed so far. I've found a members alphabetical listing which doesn't seem all that friendly and a gallery which as of yet doesn't make sense to me. Neither place seems appropriate for a newbie into and virtual tour of my truck.

Actually the Mustang EFI is quite good and self adapts to many different engine modifications and configurations. My only problems so far has been unknowingly installing used wrong or out of spec parts to save money and not knowing which thermostat to install.

I'm still somewhat lost in this forum's layout. I do not see a members vehicles forum in any of the places I've browsed so far.

At the top of the page that you are currently on there should be a LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum >, Click on that and scroll down to find the members vehicles and other fora.

Alternatively - follow this link

Hope this helps... :)

At the top of the page that you are currently on there should be a LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum >, Click on that and scroll down to find the members vehicles and other fora.

Alternatively - follow this link

Hope this helps... :)

No. Either I'm a total forum dunce, or I don't have permissions to see certain forums areas.

The link you supplied returned a page that said the link was bad.

When I look at LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum >, here's what I see:

The Lounge

International Forum

Getting out and about

Competing in Land Rovers

Tools and Fabrication

The Video Shack

Tech Archive

Land Rover Technical Archive

Requests for part numbers

Vehicles

Series forum

Defender forum

Freelander forum

Discovery forum

Range Rover forum

Military forum

The Market Place

For sale

Wanted

Board Statistics

Nothing about members vehicles or anyplace that might be used for introductions & such. From what I can see this appears to be a very business like no nonsense forum that is not conducive to personal interactions.

No. Either I'm a total forum dunce, or I don't have permissions to see certain forums areas.

The link you supplied returned a page that said the link was bad.

When I look at LR4x4 - The Land Rover Forum >, here's what I see:

The Lounge

International Forum

Getting out and about

Competing in Land Rovers

Tools and Fabrication

The Video Shack

Tech Archive

Land Rover Technical Archive

Requests for part numbers

Vehicles

Series forum

Defender forum

Freelander forum

Discovery forum

Range Rover forum

Military forum

The Market Place

For sale

Wanted

Board Statistics

Nothing about members vehicles or anyplace that might be used for introductions & such. From what I can see this appears to be a very business like no nonsense forum that is not conducive to personal interactions.

Hello, i believe you need 20+ posts in order to see the members vehicle section.

Hello, i believe you need 20+ posts in order to see the members vehicle section.

That explains my confusion and at the same time negates the need for a newbie introduction posting. No newbies allowed. :( OK.

Sorry for the thread hijack and off topic questions.

That explains my confusion and at the same time negates the need for a newbie introduction posting. No newbies allowed. :( OK.

Sorry for the thread hijack and off topic questions.

Hi TeriAnn,

Spent many an hour on your website, welcome!

The restriction on the members vehicle section is for security.

The idea is to stop thieving scum getting the low down on prospective targets.

Old Blighty's a little smaller than the USA.

Introductions are usually made in 'International forum'.

Andy