• 150 amps Mig
    • 170 amps Mig
    • 190 amps Mig
    • 200+ amps Mig
    • Arc
    • Oxy acetylene
    • Oxy lpg/natural gas
    • PLASMA!! PLASMA!!! PLASMA!!!

I have a sip super turbo 171 and it's a nice machine for me it is my first the one thing I did was to go on a welding course at my local college, £90 for five weeks 3hours a week great course because he asked me what I was going to do and let me do mig the whole course i went on a course before and it was an intro to welding and I really didnt learn anything.

Did you do a punctuation course as well? :P:D

(edited for punctuatio, grammar and spelling! i'll get my coat)

No I didn't, James. Unfortunately, I've been busy organising the scrapyard outside my back door. But now I know the Punctuation Police are patrolling this forum, I'll spend more time on my posts. However, this may not leave much time for working other people's vehicles.

No I didn't, James. Unfortunately, I've been busy organising the scrapyard outside my back door. But now I know the Punctuation Police are patrolling this forum, I'll spend more time on my posts. However, this may not leave much time for working other people's vehicles.

Working on other people's vehicles, surely?

Okay, I'm leaving... :ph34r:

and to explAIN it

ohh it's nice to get my own back on you for once!

Here we go again. In the last post I repeated the joke...and wrote it in KAPITOLS to highlight it! (Geddit??) Never mind, it wasn't that funny to begin with. Let's forget it. And I'm going back to my previous much quicker form of writing no punctuation no problem well no problem for me anyway!

along with decent welding kit

which gases are recommended?

Argoshield from BOC for mild, £29 for a refill on a Y size tank and about £3 a week rental, all you need is a bit of paperwork and you can shy away from pub gas,

pure argon for titanium and ally is a little bit more expensive, single stage regulators are a waste of money (IMO) saphire being my fave, get a bottle key instead of using the tap style bottles as BOC is phasing out the "tap" style as they leak leaving you with a garage full of argon when you really need it still in the bottle :angry: