Rear Cross-member replacement

Last night I lifted the tub/sides/roof off my 90 to allow me to have a good look at the chassis before deciding whether to change it for a galv one or not.

The upshot is that the Chassis is in fairly good nick ... apart from the rear cross member, but I already knew about it.

So, I am going to replace the cross member. The chassis rails seem fine. So should I go for one with extensions or not?

Does the extensions give it extra strength or would the cross member alone be strong enough?

North offroad make them out of 5mm

with the option to fit a winch of your choice should you so desire.

if I ever change mine thats where I'll go for one.

any idea what sort of premium these attract.

paddocks are £115 for standard fare, which is quite good, could maybe go to a bit more for 5mm one.

Rear cross-member from Craddocks ( made by SPI on the label ) is now fitted and painted as of yesterday.

Did we take any pics? nope - someone forgot to charge the batteries !!!

errmm... well ... ummm.... OK I have about 5 sets of batteries and none had any charge!!! :(

Well done Fisha for a sterling effort with the welder... looks good a new now. A few photo will follow ... albeit now it is painted!