If Carlsburg made dog guards.....

hattymender

Been busy and I'm rather pleased with the results. One 'chew my welly's through this if you can now' dog guard.

The worry is that I was actually making a bar to check my tracking..............

Sorry about the picture quality. I'm carp with a camera, serves me right for being so smug about the guard.

post-2180-1249674763_thumb.jpg

Labradors. Wife breeds them. And there's a Border Terrier in there somewhere. She's the worst, out fight, eat or destroy anything. Normally very placid but Land Rover = walkies (or swimmies, etc.) so great excitement and must chew something.

Thus far they've managed:

2 Pairs of wellies (left foot off each, pulled through mesh. My fault, I use top of LPG tank as shelf)

Couple of pound of sausages (pulled through mesh) That got me cross, I was looking forward to them.

Rear wiper wiring harness. Now in armored sleeving, bit like (well exactly like 'cos it is) shower sleeving.

Rear door card. Now ally.

A fold up seat. (current rear seat is the middle one out of front on fold up frame, now detachable so it comes out when they're in)

In past they've also had:

Fiesta wiring harness.

Entire rear seat of an Uno.

Nissan Serena seat belts.

Fortunately they were all old run abouts bought specifically for running the dogs about.

It's a battle of whits, and they're winning!

I'd love to see what you'd come up with if you decided to muzzle the dogs instead! :D

My dogs were quite well behaved, never chewed anything in the car, just insisted on sitting in the driver's seat instead!

I get exactly the same thing, 2 dogs in the passenger seat everytime we go out.

Dave.

You have seen nothing until you've seen the destruction an Irish Wolfhound puppy can do if you let them get bored,

one of mine our Jacey chewed all the corners of the window cills all around the house, chewed the wheel arches and mirrors on my Jag XK8,all the spindles on the stairs the list goes on,and shes still alive.

Any details of the construction you can share? I need to build something similar as a bulkhead for my 90 for overlanding. I must admit I handn't considered a "viewport" but I now plan to add one with a lockable flap having seen yours. I was planning on using plywood and smooth aluminium sheet - what did you use?

Any details of the construction you can share? I need to build something similar as a bulkhead for my 90 for overlanding. I must admit I handn't considered a "viewport" but I now plan to add one with a lockable flap having seen yours. I was planning on using plywood and smooth aluminium sheet - what did you use?

Plastic cladding, bought at car boot sale. (Near) colour match with Bronze Green was just fluke. Aluminum edging from a mate. Pop riveted together. Took very little cladding, possibly 'cos of the cut out for LPG tank cover and window so I've started to make a floor (or roof?) between wheel arches for storage with remainder. Mesh window was sized by sitting in drivers seat and figuring out extent of vision through mirror. Window mesh made from old guard, hinged for access/hitting/feeding etc. Entire thing on chute bolts/pins so that it can come out for cleaning or long loads.