Sankey trailer value

daveturnbull

What do you think would be the going rate for:

Old style narrow-track sankey, no drop down tail gate.

Hitch, brakes, suspension, tyres, lights, jacks all in good condition & fully operational.

Many layers of flaky green paint.

Couple of dents but nothing a couple of hours with a drift & lump hammer wouldn't fix.

The usual inch to two of rust all the way round the bottom of the side / front / back panels.

Mo,

So kind of you. Sadly I'm not selling it, but considering buying it.

Also been trying to work out the merits of narrow track vs wide track. The lack of drop down tail gate isn't a problem, that can be fabbed.

Dave

I have a narrow track and I made a tailgate - photos are on the forum somewhere of what I did.

I would say a wide track would be far more useful and probably more stable. However the narrow one is wide enough to fit 208L drums between the wheelarches and will happily carry, ahem, about a ton and a half of rock if you misjudge the loading slightly :ph34r:

3/4 narrowtrack behind my 90 is great- nice and stable and when empty you wouldnt even know it was there (no noise at all).

When loaded still stable and rides very well. Had a Disco MPi unit, still attached to R380 and LT230 in it the other day, along with engine crane, Disco exhaust, rad, tools, tea making facilities etc with no problems from Stonehenge(ish) to Farnham. When loaded it rides more like the land rover, and kind of wafts over bumps instead of leaping in the air. With the brakes working it doesnt push the rover at all either.

My dad got his for £26 on ebay- but nothing worked and was all seized. Tub was also pretty rusty, but that has all been sorted :rolleyes: