Different Fairlead

white90

Looks like it should become what every winch wants. Great design!

Not only has it addressed side pull issues, but the 'V' form should improve rope bunching on the sides of the drum - as more often than not the rope will pull with either upward or downward pressure and the 'V' will create a degree of force to lead it away from the ends.

Totally origional desgins are very few and far between. I have seen something similar at the rear of a mid mounted winch setup, but as variations on theames go, hands down to Gwyn for his creativity. I doubt I will be rushing out to change my current hawse, but when I doo need a new one it will be interesting to see how these have performed.

Gwyn has come up with a nice piece of design here which is an excellent, bolt on solution. However, I think a tube fairlead (of 35 - 50mm diameter) incorporated into the winch mount is possibly a better solution as it offers the increased fairlead diameter for all pulls and will not compromise the approach angle. It doesn't give the V in the centre which, I have to say, is a clever idea.