Defender spats onto a Disco 1

Makai73

I have a set of defender arches on their way to me far a silly cheap amount of money (well beer actually) Has anyone fitted them to a Disco 1 3 door? I like the flared arch look and with spacers and a 2" lift I think they will sit quite well (imho)

The arches will be a different size/shape and I suspect if you try and bend the spats to fit they will bulge out and look awful, but try it and see. I would suggest you try it for size before you start drilling holes though :)

You can get proper Discovery arches, I forget who does them.

Are they Defender arches or specific to the disco?

Yes they are defender arch's just cut the lip of them with a sharp knife mark body work cut away what you dont want & then drill & pop rivet on, but you need to be brave when cutting, I had 33's on 10 wide rims & a 4 inch lift, if you need any more photos let me know & i'll get some loaded

John

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies guys (BB just the info I needed) but this is a land rover and as such I am now having to replace the engine (LR gotta luve 'em! <_< ) so everything is on hold for the moment.

Just to top it off the kids set fire to the kitchen :o so SWMBO has decreed that the decorating comes first (don't know hy I've always liked the smoked glass look for cars, why not try it in the house for a while :P )